Chapter Thirty Seven

Los Angeles, California

IT'D BEEN A WEEK AND A HALF SINCE OMARI was living with them at French's place. Since that second night at the rooftop party, they hadn't been outside again since. So tonight they had left the kids at the house to go out and have a night as a couple at a hall.

Originally they were suppose to carry the kids so they all do something fun as a family, but Enrique wanted to stay at home. So they changed the plans and left Joshua with him and decided to make the night romantic instead.

Omari held onto Inola's waist with his left hand, their right hands upright as their fingers were laced together. They slowed danced among the many other couples on the floor. He smelled so good, the scent of his cologne was breathtaking. Inola couldn't hear a word of the beautiful song, but being in Omari's arms was enough for her to go with the flow. She just followed his moves.

She couldn't bring herself to look into his eyes, so she just rested the side of her face against his chest. Flashbacks of her and French's sexual excursions in French's bed led Inola's eyes to cloud with tears. Though Omari behaved in ways that sometimes made him an ass, he didn't deserve to be cheated on. Inola felt terrible. The whole time he suspected that she was, she actually hadn't done anything. Now that he was starting to trust her, she went and slept with French. She didn't deserve him.

I don't deserve her, Omari thought to himself, eyes closed as his chin rested on the top of her head. She was so different from other women that it was insane.

She wasn't the ideal beauty queen in the eyes of society. Inola was tall, she stood five foot nine which in many cases was a turn off for men. She weighed only one hundred thirty, lacking the hips and butt that most men preferred on their women. She didn't have long hair flowing down to her back, but instead a short boy cut down to her scalp. She wasn't dark skin but she was a medium brown. She didn't wear loads of makeup often and usually sported her naturally features. On top of that, she was deaf.

She was often overlooked by men whenever they went out. No one tried to talk to her because she wasn't what they perceived to be beautiful. She was gorgeous to Omari and it made him think back to that one argument they had where he mentioned her being deaf and how she was unattractive. It made him ashamed of himself because she already struggled with thinking people were embarrassed because she couldn't hear and that she was ugly. She was anything but and if she was going to be his wife, he didn't want to contribute to those problems she had.

Inola felt a soft squeeze on her arm, when she looked up her face was drenched in tears. She felt so guilty, Omari honestly deserved better. Omari cupped her face, figuring it was their bizarre circumstances that had her so emotional. He bent down and claimed his fiancé's lips, kissing her with so much passion he almost felt his own heart explode.

"I love you so much, Inola. I want you to know that." He said, signing at the same time while he wiped her eyes. "I also want you to know that I will marry you one day. Probably as soon as this is all over, or if not, a year or two more after we get our house and lives back first. But there is no doubt in my heart I want you to be my wife."