✧4✧

>--------------------------------<

𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐃. Refreshed. Basically I felt like I made a great first step to opening up to others again. Having Tendou back in my life is something I didn't think I'd achieve. I thought he would never forgive me for leaving without a word. And hearing him mention that Ushijima "hasn't been the same" made my stomach turn slightly. I didn't know if it was worry or guilt, I also felt a slight tinge of happiness that my disappearance had an effect on the stoic ace.

I rolled out of bed and began to brush out my (h/l) (h/c), I put it in a ponytail, and left some loose hair out to frame my face. I applied some light blush and smiled in the mirror, it's been a while since I've actually liked how I looked. I didn't feel too done up or too lazy. I felt satisfied with my hair and makeup and went to brush my teeth. I realized I was already late, and Shoyo left for practice earlier so he wasn't there to annoy me to get ready. I quickly pulled on my uniform and ran out the house, I was about to realize I left Natsu but remembered that my dad had parent teacher conferences with her teacher and took her today. 

Since I skipped breakfast, I'd decided to stop by the convenience store for at least a energy drink to get me through till lunch. I walked into the store, and was face to face with owner once again. He was sweeping but looked up at me halfway through his sentence.

"Welco- oh you're the girl from last night! Thanks for the recommendation." He chuckled out, I looked at him confused. He obviously held a smirk while continuing to sweep. 

"Recommendation? Oh- oh my god, you actually read it?" I stuttered out, I felt my cheeks slightly heat up remembering the embarrassing suggestion I made the previous night. To try to avoid anymore embarrassment I started heading towards the snack aisle, and he continued on

"Yeah, also I'm quite surprised you would have the page numbers memorized. You're an interesting kid to say the least." He continued to laugh, and I only felt myself drown in embarrassment. I sift through different snacks, I picked up a box of pocky, a bag of chips, and a monster energy drink. Yeah the complete breakfast. I turn to look at him. I felt a smirk grow on my face, he looked at me returning the gaze.

"You done teasing me blondie?" My confidence boosted in that moment, just like the night before. After calling him 'blondie' I saw a light hue of pink on his cheek. He turned his head then started heading to the register.

"You should probably hurry up. Doesn't Karasuno start soon?" He said nonchalantly. I froze for a second wondering how he knew I went to Karasuno, but dismissed it as him recognizing the uniform.

 I walked over and placed down my things and pulled out my wallet to pay. 

"Hey how do you know what time Karasuno starts, you're not a stalker right?" I asked a little hesitantly, worried he could possibly be a weirdo or pedophile. 

"I went there for highschool, and bold of you to assume someone would want to stalk you." He said, we both laughed a bit. I felt relieved that he wasn't a stalker, why was I relieved? I'm not sure, recently I've changed a little but I can't describe it.

He started scanning the items and and said, "You should probably get something healthier to eat, it's important to eat right." I laughed at the sentiment, he doesn't know me but still seems genuinely concerned. 

He finished putting the snacks into a plastic bag, and said, "That'll be $7.65."

I handed him 8 dollars, and replied, "Keep the change, I'm kind of in a hurry." I smiled but before I left I felt something tap my head. 

He tapped my head with a granola bar and said, "Here, on the house." I smiled again and he smiled back. I grabbed the bar and placed it in my school bag.

I felt my cheeks heat up once again and was trying to form words in my head, and only could sputter out, "Oh umm thanks..."

"Ukai." He said with a soft grin. 

I looked up at him and stared before realizing I was staring I quickly spilled out, "O-oh! Thanks Ukai!" before running out of the store and off to school.

𝐔𝐊𝐀𝐈 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Fuck did I really blush when she called me 'blondie'?

~802 words~

-mads-