Chapter 14

I left Shay's house at about 11:00 AM the next day. We had been up pretty late the night before watching Grey's. It was honestly a great night and it almost made me forget everything that happened with Colby last night.

Almost.

I gave Shay a hug goodbye and she told me to call her if I needed anything or if I just needed to talk. 

As I drove home, I started thinking about going back to school on Monday. I realized we were presenting our projects in Science class on Wednesday and that Colby and I still had a few things to get done. 

 I really didn't want to have to be around him more than I had to. 

Once I got home, I made my way to my room right away. I opened up my laptop to our project. 

I ended up spending the next 5 hours going over everything, adding in the last details to our PowerPoint, and finishing our report. 

Our project was done. 

All we had to do now was turn in our report and then present our parts of our PowerPoint on Wednesday which we already had figured out.  After that, I would have no reason to have to talk to Colby Brock again. 

-

I dreaded being alive Monday morning. I thought about telling my mom I was sick so I didn't have to go, but I knew I was stronger than that. I forced myself out of bed and got ready to head to school with Erica. 

"I can't wait to be done with this stupid Science project," Erica said to me as we crossed the street to our school. I chuckled a little, "Yeah, same. I just want it to be Wednesday after 1st period." 

"Seriously though," Erica said back with a sigh. 

After grabbing books out of my locker, Erica and I made our way to the Science classroom. I noticed Colby right away out of the corner of my eye. I didn't even want to look at him. If I did, I would probably fall apart right there. 

I noticed he was talking to Sam and Dylan though. I walked right past him and sat down in my seat. I could tell now that he was looking at him. I didn't look, smile, or acknowledge him at all. 

Once class started, and Ms. Adams gave us the brief morning announcements, everyone started getting out of their seats. Everyone knew the drill by now. 

I stayed put though. I reached into my backpack grabbing my history book and a packet that was due today. I still had a few questions left and I planned on finishing it now since I had finished our project.

Everyone was pretty much out of the room now besides me, Ms. Adams, and Colby. I tried to ignore Colby who was just sitting there obviously staring at me now. I sighed and flipped through my history book. 

Colby got up now and made his way, slowly, over to me. I could feel his presents next to me. I shuttered a bit feeling him so close to me. I heard him clear his throat, "Hey, Uhm, are we going to go work on the project?" He asked. His voice was quiet and monotone. 

I started writing in my packet now. "It's done," I said not looking up at him. It was quiet for a few seconds. "It is?" Colby asked with confusion in his voice. 

"Yup." I replied, as I ran my finger across a sentence in my book so I could write the answer in my pocket. I could feel Colby next to me, just standing there. I was waiting for him to walk away but he didn't. I didn't look up at him though, I couldn't. 

Finally, Colby started walking away now, without saying anything. I looked out of the corner of my eye now as he went back to his seat. He just sat there with his fingers together. I sighed and looked back down at my homework.