Chapter 16

I could've just called him honestly, but I wanted to see him now. for the first time since Friday, I wanted to see him. I was so pissed off, I didn't even feel sad anymore. 

I pulled into Colby's driveway. It looked like every light in the house was on which was different since both times I've been here his parents weren't home and we were always just in his room. 

I got out of my car, slamming my door behind me as I made my way to the front door. I rang the doorbell a few times then waited. I didn't even know what I was going to say but I'm sure I'd figure it out. 

About 20 seconds later, Colby's mom opened the door. She smiled at me, it took her a second but then her eyes brightened. "Hey, Aubree right? How are you? Come in," She said enthusiastically. I smiled and followed her inside. 

"How are you and Colby doing on that project? It's for Science class right?" She asked as she threw her hands on her hips. I nodded, "We're about done with it actually. We present tomorrow and I thought I'd stop by so we could go over a few things before tomorrow," I lied.

I looked around now, "Is he home?" I asked even though I saw his car parked out front. His mom nodded, "Yeah, he should be in his room. At least that's where I saw him last." I smiled and thanked her as I made my way to the stairs. 

Once Colby's mom was out of sight, I let my smile fade as I made my way up the stairs. 

I threw Colby's door open when I got to his room expecting to see him on his computer or laying in his bed for all I knew. Instead, he was sitting in his gaming chair in front of his tv with headphones on. I don't think he even heard his door open. 

I closed his door quietly not to alarm his parents downstairs. I walked up behind him, it looked like he was playing Fortnite. He still hadn't noticed me. 

I sighed and then in one swift motion I grabbed onto his headphones, ripping them off of him. He jumped a bit and spun around, "Hey, what the fuck-" He started, but then he saw me. His eyes widened as he got up from his chair. "Aubree, what are you doing here?" He asked. He looked surprised to see me, I knew he would be. 

I took a step back from him now as I folded my arms over my chest. He studied me now. I looked him over. He was in pajama pants and he had a white t-shirt on that was ripped down the sides.

"Aubree," He said again taking a step towards me. I held my hand out now, "Just stop." I said. I think he could hear the anger in my voice because he took a step back from me now. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked trying to keep my voice low. Colby looked confused, he shook his head then said, "I don't know what you're-" He started but I cut him off.

"I just got back from hanging with Danny. It was going great until we went back to his house and we fucked and then he told me how Sam told him about how the best sex you've ever had was with me." 

Colby's face changed then, he looked scared almost a second ago. now he looked pissed.

"Wait, you had sex with Danny?" He asked. He had a disgusted look on his face now. 

I nodded at him, "Yup. And it was only because of what he heard about me. You fucking told people about us?! I thought we were supposed to keep what we were doing the DL?" I said as I put a sarcastic emphasis on the DL part. 

Colby was still looking at me dumbfounded. "I'm gonna kill him," He said now as he grabbed a sweatshirt that was sitting on his bed. He threw it on as he made his way over to me and the door. 

I gave him a confused look, "What? Where are you going?? You're going to kill who?" I asked. 

God, I was getting a headache.