Ravalyn (Part 1)

Arthur's POV:

We have been traveling for five whole days now. How far even is this kingdom. My father decided it would be a good idea to sign a peace treaty with the kingdom of Ravalyn. Sir Kay and Leon are riding beside me and my father and his personal knight Sir Charles are in front of us. Merlin and Gwen are behind me along with Morgana and all few other knights are back there. I still don't know why they couldn't come to us instead, but I guess we always stay in Camelot.

"Arthur are you excited to meet Princess Elletta?" My father asks me. No father I am not excited to meet a potential love interest.

"Yes I'm sure she will be lovely." I take a glance back at Merlin who was silent. My father doesn't like Gwen or Merlin talking on these trips. He says it's "unprofessional." I guess he's right, but Merlin and Gwen are not like other servants.

"I hope you guys will get along just fine, Morgana maybe you can find interest in someone there as well." My father calls out. I can hear Morgana grumble behind me.

"Yes maybe I will." Morgana said in an annoyed tone. I don't blame her this all seems kind of weird to me.

"Oh look at that!" I can hear Merlin whisper, shout from behind me. Thankfully my father didn't hear. I look up to see huge towers. The whole palace was of white quartz with hints of gold and green. When father said they were rich I didn't think they would be this rich. In the front of the castle I could see King Richard and Queen Moria surrounded by well dressed knights. A smile made its way on to my face. This place just beautiful. I bet Morgana already loves it here. With a quick glance back to my sister I got the answer I needed. She was smiling with wide bright eyes. It was the way she smiled when she looks at Gwen. Pure love.

We made our way up to the two royals. They were both standing tall and regal like my father did.

"Ah King Uther how good is it to see you." King Richard pulled my father into a tight hand shake.

"It is very nice to see you indeed." My father chuckles and makes his way over to the Queen.

"Queen Moria." My father addresses her as he puts his lips to her fingers.

"King Uther I haven't seen you since you made the ban for magic." Queen Moria backed up a little. "How have you been?"

"Just fine thank you, may I introduce my son Arthur." My father puts a hand on my shoulder gesturing me to them.

"Oh how much you have grown young Pendragon." King Richard smiles. I put my hand out for him to shake and we take each others arms in a firm grip.

"Oh enough talk let's get you all settled in to your rooms, your servants can go with the others." Queen Moria glances over towards Merlin and Gwen.

Merlin's POV:

Gwen and I followed the other servants to a hall way with beautiful paintings of past royals. It hand huge pillars with hand cut designs engraved into the walls.

"Hello I'm Brigit, head of the servants here in Ravalyn." A girl short black hair and freckles said to us.

"Hello I'm Guinevere and this is Merlin. I'm the lady Morgana's maid and Merlin is Prince Arthur's manservant." Gwen said to the girl.

"Oh that's amazing, you must feel honored." Brigit turned to me.

"What? Oh yea Arthur is great." I said smoothly.

"Anyway I think I should tell you about the castle. The royals are very kind. King Richard takes us out on walks with him all the time and Queen Moria treats us like friends. The Princess Elletta doesn't talk much but she doesn't order us around. It's the knights you have to be worried about. They treat us like garbage so it's best you stay away from them." Brigit explained shuddering when she talked about the knights.