Merlin's Boyfriend

Jaxtin Finley was part of the Royal Court. He took his fathers place when he passed. Jaxtin Finley was good with a sword. Jaxtin Finley was smart. He was rich, but most importantly, he was in love with the King's manservant.

Arthur Pendragon didn't know Jaxtin personally. He hadn't even spoken a word to him. That is up until he became part of the court. That's when he started to notice the weird obsession Jaxtin had with Merlin. To say Arthur was mad was an understatement. He was furious. It was a late day in one of the summer months when he heard it.

"What do you mean you are in love with Merlin?" Arthur heard a female voice say. He poked his head out from behind the pillar to which he say Jaxtin and a servant girl talking.

"I mean I'm in love with him." Jaxtin said.

"You can't be! You are a noble and he's... he's a servant like me." The woman practically screamed.

"Don't be such a downer Lily. I will make it work. Have you seen the boy? Beautiful wide hips. Skinny." Arthur frowned. He wanted to throw him against a wall. How could he even think that he would have a chance with Merlin.

"B-But..." The servant girl stuttered. Jaxtin just shoved her out of the way and walked down the hall. "The king loves him.."

—————————————————-

It was not even a week later. Two weeks into Arthur being King when he saw Jaxtin and Merlin talking. He was with Leon. By now Leon knew about Arthur's crush on his manservant. Leon was rather fond of Merlin as well considering how much time they spent together at the arena.

"Leon do you see what I'm seeing right now?" Arther spoke softly. Leon turned to see envious eyes in the king.

"Yes sire... I do."

Jaxtin had his hand running up Merlin's arm and it looked like Merlin was blushing. Arthur's anger reached maximum level and her marched straight over to them. When he got there Merlin looked at him. It seemed as if Merlin's eyes lit up.

"Arthur I'm so happy to see you." Merlin said with a charming smile. Arthur bit back the urge to scoop Merlin into his arms.

"Arthur." Jaxtin bowed respectfully even though he had zero respect for him at all. Arthur frowned and the did the unthinkable. He back handed Jaxtin. The lord fell to his knees in a giant heap. Merlin gasped and looked at Arthur with terror.

"What the hell Arthur!" Merlin screamed. Arthur turned to see Merlin's pained face. Seeing his Merlin like that made him sad as well.

"He didn't address me by my title." Arthur stated weakly. He still kept eye contact with the man before him.

"You just don't go around slapping people! You're not like that!" Arthur looked down, ashamed of what he did. He had just hit a lord. One powerful enough to get the lords and lady's to dethrone him. He wouldn't let that happen though.

Whatever Merlin. Get back to your chores." Arthur said waving him off. In one swift motion the king turned around and left without another word.

---------------------------------------------------

It was a few days later when Arthur caught the two again, but this time they weren't just talking. They were cuddled up in a blanket reading some sort of book. Arthur couldn't tell what it was from where he was standing. He wouldn't say he was spying on Merlin, but neither one of the two men saw Arthur. For he was behind a painting. The passage ways that led to his room from the stables had a good view to Merlin and Jaxtin.

Arthur was jealous. He was always jealous, but this time Arthur felt something open in him that he did not like. He had the strange urge to kill Jaxtin and he would too, if Merlin wasn't there. Arthur didn't like this new feeling. He didn't like it at all. This feeling was dangerous. Seeing Merlin there with Jaxtin happy though got rid of the feeling. He would always put Merlin's feelings before his own. Even if that meant he would never be with the servant boy.