"How Small You Are For Such A Great Destiny"

Merlin's POV:

I woke up to my name being called.

Merlin
Merlinnnnn

I jump out of my bed and look around. Where the fuck was that noise coming from. I think I might be going mad.

"Merlin" I hear a voice say behind me. I turn around to see Gaius.

"Good morning Gaius" I say happily. He gives me a look. "I know you are still angry with me" I look down. You see after my little fight with Arthur yesterday, apparently I was in big trouble. The knights came barging in along with Arthur and they gave me a warning. I couldn't meet the prince's eyes. I knew he was eyeing me, because I could feel his stare traveling down my body memorizing every inch of me. I have never felt more naked before and I was wearing a long sleeve shirt with baggy trousers. When they were finally done lecturing me the knights left. The prince hung back to ask Gaius a question. I went back in my room, I didn't feel like being with prince prat. He winked at me before I went back in my room, my face grew red and I slammed the door. It was embarrassing, to embarrassing I might add.

"Merlin are you even listening to me?" Gaius's voice cut out my thoughts.

"Oh yea" I answered, even though I had no idea what he was saying.

"Okay well get ready, we are setting up for the banquet tonight." I nodded and Gaius left my room. Lady Hellen was singing tonight, I couldn't wait to hear it. I quickly got dressed and we left to go to the lower town.

"Okay Merlin stay right here I just have to go pick up a few things." Gaius said. I nodded and sat in the grass by a market tent. I closed my eyes for a little.

Arthur's POV:

I was walking around with Leon and a few of my other knights including the new hot one, but I couldn't seem to get that boy out of my head. Merlin. What a beautiful name. I went with my knights up to Gaius's room to give him a warning and ask Gaius a question for my father. Merlin was there being lectured by the quart physician. His head was down and his eyes had a slightly amused look. I smirked and had my knights give him a warning. While I was there I studied him more. I couldn't help it. After my knights were done I stayed back to ask Gaius the question. Merlin went up to his room receiving a wink from me and slammed his door. I grinned.

"Sire." Leon's voice rips me out of my thoughts. I turn to look at him with an annoyed expression when I see a tall muscular man walking around town. He was dirty and bloody and everyone seemed to be distancing themselves from him.

"He looks suspicious." I say, Leon nods and we watch him some more. Then something caught his eye. He grins a evil grin and starts walking over somewhere. I follow his eyes and see adorable Merlin sitting in the grass with his eyes closed. I turn back to the man and see him licking his lips and staring at Merlin with lust. My eyes widen.

"Leon he is going after Mer- that peasant boy." I say. Leon nods and we both walk over.

"Hello there." I hear the man say to Merlin. Merlin jumps and opens his eyes. He slowly gets up and backs away.

"H-Hi." Merlin answers back. The man smirks and walks closer to Merlin. Merlin backs away looking terrified. That was enough for me to snap.

"Do you like scaring poor peasant boys, or is this a new thing for you." I say proudly. The man turns to me with anger.

"I can scare who I want, this boy is on my list for one night stands. Back off." The man says which disgusts me. How could he say that about anyone let alone Merlin. I watch him stroke one of Merlin's cheeks. Merlin slaps it down. The men gets angry and hits him upside the head. I could already see red clouding my vision.