The Ruby Circlet (Part 1)

Music up there 👆

The Ruby Circlet is a story that has been passed down for many generations of the Pendragon's. However Uther Pendragon decided not to touch upon this subject with his two children because of the story behind it.

You see the Ruby Circlet belonged to the beloved King Drystan (Driss-Tan) many years ago. King Regonald Pendragon fell in love with a common man and together they ruled happily. King Drystan was a kind and just king and the people loved him, but many of the outside kingdoms did not. They took having two kings as a sign of weakness. Oh boy they were wrong. King Regonald was a tuff and strict king when it came to punishments, but King Drystan was a whole other story. You did not want to get on his bad side. King Drystan ordered an attack on the upcoming intruders and slaughtered all of them. Some people were happy that the kingdom was saved, but other people were surprised and scared of the King.

Many people tried to kill King Drystan after that. They didn't want to live in constant fear of him. It wasn't until King Drystan almost died, King Regonald did something about it. He had the druids make a special Ruby Circlet for his love. It was made of pure silver with rubies scattered around it. It was also enchanted with a protection spell. Anyone who was going to hurt the king couldn't step foot inside the castle. It would give them immeasurable and unbearable pain. King Regonald still had to produce a child for the bloodline. He got a maid in the castle pregnant one night when he was out drinking. King Drystan didn't mind he knew sooner or later Camelot would need a prince or princess to take the throne. The maid ended up giving birth to a prince who would later grow up to be Uther Pendragon's father. The two kings grew old together and died.

The Circlet was placed far in the vaults of Camelot and no one ever say it again. Uther heard the story many times and he was infatuated by it. That is until Igraine died. He refused to admit that Camelot had already had two gay kings and he refused to admit that The a Ruby Circlet was real. He took it out of all history books so no one would very talk about it again. No one did until now.

Arthur and Morgana had a day off. They had no duties or expectations. Merlin and Gwen were off to the fighter arena. Of course Arthur and Morgana didn't know about it. They wouldn't know about it. They wouldn't know until Arthur became king, but that's another story to tell later on.

Arthur and Morgana decided to clean out the vaults together. It was on on their list of things to do this week and they just wanted to get it done.

"So Arthur why are we down here in this dusty stuff again." Morgana asked as they trudged through the dark halls.

"Because we have to clean this stuff out." Arthur answered. Morgana groaned in annoyance and they continued walking. The two siblings were upset that Merlin and Gwen weren't there with them.

"Why do you think Merlin and Gwen didn't come with us?" Morgana asked Arthur as they turned onto another passageway.

"You saw them last time, they are probably just working out." Arthur said.

"Yea but how did they get so buff in three weeks?" Morgana asked thoughtfully. Arthur pondered for a minute.

"Maybe they are doing something else?" Arthur said. Morgana nodded and looked up.

"Arthur look! The doorway!" The two siblings ran towards the door and tried to open it.

"Uhh locked." Arthur groaned. Morgana rolled her eyes as she picked up a rock from the ground.

"Move over you big miscreant." Morgana said as she pushed Arthur out of the way. Arthur was was about to retort when Morgana smashed the rock on the latch. It broke free and she pushed the door open. Arthur stood dumbfounded at the sight. "Go in!" Morgana yelled from behind Arthur. That brought Arthur out of his trance and he stumbled forward.