Powers

After a night of barely any sleep, you find yourself sitting in the main room living area with the entire team. Bruce is taking a blood sample from your arm to test for these "powers" that everyone seems to think you have. 

"And we're good," Bruce says putting a cotton ball where he just finished. "We should have the results in about 15 minutes."

"Thanks, Bruce," you say nodding your head, as Bruce begins walking to the lab. 

You sigh, laying your head back on the couch. Nat puts her hand on your shoulder. 

"How are you feeling, Cass?" You hear Steve ask you from a couch away. 

"I guess better than expected, since I don't know WHAT to expect." You reply not lifting your head and with your eyes still closed. 

"That's understandable. Remember though, we're all here for you, no matter the results." Nat says with a kind smile.

"Sorry to interrupt," You see Bruce appear in the doorway. "The results are still being processed, but Tony, Cassidy, may I borrow you two for a moment?"

You look at Tony, "Uhm, yea, sure." You both follow Bruce into the hallway away from the others.

"What is it Banner?" Tony asks.

"I...huh, ok," Bruce is trying to find the words to start this conversation, and you can tell he's nervous. "Within the first minute or so of testing Cassidy's blood, something came up in the system." 

You look down, and already know what Bruce is about to bring up.

"I don't know how much you both know, but Cassidy's blood came up as a match in the system....to you, Tony." Bruce looks at you both questioningly.

"Yes, well, it would, Bruce." Tony answers for you. "We have known since May. We found out from her mother that I am her father."

Your stomach drops a little; this is the first time you and Tony have told anyone on the team. You then feel Tony reach for your hand, and you look at him, taking his hand. 

"Right, ok. Who else knows about this?" Bruce's eyes are wider than usual.

"Us, Pepper, Happy, and you." You reply.

"And for now, we would like to keep it that way," Tony continues your thought. 

"Sure. I understand." Bruce looks at both of you giving you a small smile.

"Thank you, Bruce." You say returning his smile, releasing hands with Tony. 

As Bruce heads back to the lab, you and Tony head back to the main room with the others to continue waiting.

A few minutes later, Bruce emerges from the lab once more. Tony stands to greet him and the entire team is ready to hear the update.

Bruce is holding a paper in his hand, and puts his glasses on. "So, as we all witnessed yesterday, Cassidy does have powers. The one we saw yesterday, was her telekinesis. However, there are also two other powers present, one being time/object freezing for a maximum of 10 seconds or so, and two, the visions of the future, but they are uncontrolled as far as we know for now."

Tony looks at you, but you're just looking at the wall in front of you trying to process what Bruce has just said. "If you are ok with all of this, we can start your training of these powers this week," you hear Tony say.

It takes you a second to reply, "Training? For what exactly?"

"To be part of the Avengers," You hear a smile in Tony's answer.