3 Years Lost

You look between these two men in front of you, claiming to know who you are.

"If you come with us, we can tell you about those creatures that were with you. Trust us. Please," The man with the hammer says. There's a pleading look behind his eyes. Against your common sense, you agree to go with them. 

Hammer guy puts his arm around your waist, "Hold on to me," he says before you're both off of the ground, flying in the air. He's also got this almost annoyingly patriotically dressed man on his other side. He lands you on the balcony of a tower. The men lead you inside, where the rest of the team is waiting.

Tony stands, "What's going on?!"

You look back from the group to the two men, "If you're not going to tell me about those creatures, I'm leaving." Silence fills the room, and you look back to the other people, "Who are all of you?"

You can hear a pin drop, as the team looks from you to one another confused. 

"She doesn't know who we are...." Steve says.

"It's like her memories have all been taken away," Thor continues for him.

Everything they say is going in one ear and out the other, "Ok, so that's a no to what you promised me. I'll see myself out." You begin to walk to what you're assuming is the exit door. 

"Wait! Where are you going?" You turn around after hearing a woman's voice this time, and Nat is walking towards you.

Why is everyone so concerned about you? "If you must know, to see my mom. She hasn't been well."

Silence once again fills the room, all eyes darting up to you. "Why are you all looking at me like that?" You almost laugh, backing away a few steps.

"JARVIS, play the video to Cassidy, archived under Julia Scott..." Tony calls out.

"Who's JARVIS and how do you know...." A digital screen appears with your mom's video as it begins to play. "my mom?" 

The same video that you had watched the day she passed away is playing. In your mind, she's in the hospital. You know the outcome, but....  Your eyes fill with tears as you watch and listen to your mom. As she finishes speaking, the tears fall from your eyes. "Wh-when was this?"

No one can make eye contact with you, except Tony, who is apparently your father, "May....of 3 years ago." You can see the hurt and pain in his eyes, and that he is fighting tears himself.

"3...years?" You stuttered through the time acknowledgement. "Please tell me this is some sort of practical joke?" You look around at the group of people, sadness clear in everyone's eyes as well. 

"How does 3 years just get removed from my mind?!" You say this in more anger than sadness now. As you speak, Loki enters the main room. You're pacing around the couches.

Bruce takes a step towards you, "We can run some tests..."

"I can't have this conversation right now. I just need some air," you hold up your hand, stopping him from saying more or moving closer to you. As you walk towards the balcony, you brush by Loki. There's what feels like a static zap, causing you to slow a second, but ultimately choose to continue walking.

"What the hell is going on?!" Loki's voice booms, turning back to the team after watching you walk outside. 

"Brother...." Thor explains what has happened. 

Loki looks back outside to where you stand, along the railing, "She remembers nothing?" 

"Not even her mom's passing," Steve says from the couch, looking down at his hands on his lap.