OLD memories, BORROWED places, and someone turned BLUE

Author's Note: I will be updating both stories, every other day. So each story will have 2 updates a week, maybe 3. Please continue to comment and vote on your favorite parts! I truly love your thoughts and opinions :) x

You take a quick look around at everyone, before taking a deep breath, "Thanos is coming."

Everyone is immediately silent. You know this would be crossing a line if you ever wanted to play a joke on them.

Steve speaks first, "How do you know?"

"I-I saw him," you pause, "and a body...."

"Going to need more detail than that," Fury demands. "Whose was it?"

You shake your head, "That I don't know. I couldn't make out any features."

There's silence again. 

"Ok," Nat says without looking at you or anyone, "How long do we have?"

You sigh, "Days? A week at most I think."

"So we're going to fight, yes?" Steve looks to Fury and then Tony.

Tony stands, "With everything we've got."

Fury starts typing onto a tablet, "Everyone will need to prepare. Day of, Loki will be staying at the compound."

Loki shoves his chair back, finally breaking his silence, "Absolutely not!"

"Have you forgotten your last encounter with Thanos?" Fury tilts his head down. "Because I sure as hell haven't!"

"Of course not! Do you honestly think that I'll just offer myself up to him?!" The anger in Loki building.

Tony takes a step towards Loki, "Loki, that's not..."

"Better yet, just throw me in another glass cell again, that way it's like I'm not even here," Loki leans across the table.

You stand now, and push Loki back against the wall, hand over his mouth, "Enough!" You turn back to everyone else in the room, specifically Fury, "All of you!"

Loki squints his eyes at you in surprise. 

You turn back to Loki, "Not a word when I move my hand. Got it?" 

Loki nods.

You bring your hand down, "They trust you, Loki. Clearly, some more than others." You step aside so you're addressing everyone again, "It's THANOS that they do not trust."

"Thanos will find a way to manipulate you if you're there with us," Tony speaks more calmly. 

"Loki, we know you're now on our side, but Thanos will use you against us any way that he can," Thor moves and stands next to you and Loki.

"If you don't believe their words, at least listen to mine," you take his hand in yours.

Loki's eyes soften when they meet yours, "....Fine."

"Ok then. Training starts tomorrow," Fury says picking up his phone.

Loki leaves the room, slamming the door behind him.

All eyes go to you, "I mean, that could have gone worse..."

"You should stay off of this mission as well, kid," Fury says walking to the door to leave.

"No. The first place Thanos will look for me is here, and he'll destroy the place. I'm coming; I'll stay in the base," you say sternly.

"Fine. Jesus, you're just as stubborn as your father," Fury pats Tony on the back. "I'll call you all with updates."