See Me Instead

Author Message: Hello! Sorry for the delayed update. Work has been super busy, but after this week, I hope to be updating this story more frequently! I appreciate all comments on parts, and drop some "votes/stars/likes" whatever you personally refer to them as :) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're not even 5 steps into the compound before Nat and Wanda each take one of your arms , pulling you onto the couch. 

"Talk. Tell us EVERYTHING," Nat says just as you sit down, causing you to laugh. Her and Wanda are listening closely, as you tell them about your date with Alex. What you do not realize, is that Thor and Loki are sitting in the kitchen talking. Thor is babbling on, but Loki is really listening to you instead.

"Dinner was nice. It's been a while since we've seen one another, so it was good catching up. We're taking a walk through Central Park tomorrow and getting an early dinner," you recap to Nat and Wanda.

"Two days in a row?!" Wanda raises her eyebrows.

Nat follows up sarcastically, "When is the wedding?!"

"We actually eloped before I came home," you wink. 

Wanda rolls her eyes, "I'm sure you did! Just know if you need us to kick his ass, we will!" 

"I have no doubt that you would!" The 3 of you laugh leaving the main room.

"Well, what do you think?" Thor looks at Loki ready for an answer.

"Sorry?" Loki says looking back at Thor. 

Thor shakes his head, "Her dating was bound to happen, Loki." 

"I am fully aware, and I am perfectly fine," Loki explains.

"Sure you are. Your white, clenched knuckles agree and show that," Thor smirks and pats him on the shoulder before leaving the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, you return home about 5pm from the park and dinner. Most of the team is training or out, except for Loki who is sitting on the couch. 

"How was your date?" He asks, not looking up from his book.

You continue your walk into the kitchen, "Uh, good, thanks," barely looking in his direction. 

"Are you....seeing Andrew again?" Loki says through a clenched jaw as his grip on the book tightens. 

You roll your eyes as he clearly got Alex's name wrong on purpose. "Alex, yes. Next week," you answer him getting a water from the fridge. 

Loki had quietly made his way over to the fridge, so when you turn around, he is a foot away from you.

"Cancel it," he sternly whispers.

You can't help the scoff that escapes your lips, "Yea, sure. Ok." The sarcasm evident in your tone as you start to walk away.

Loki takes one of your arms, turning you around so your back is against the counter. His arms are on either side of you, preventing you from leaving. 

"Loki, what are you...." you begin to say.

"I lied," he cuts you off.

"About?" you shake your head.

"Kissing you. It has ALWAYS meant something," Loki's eyes soften a bit, arms relaxing as well.

You just stare at Loki for a second, searching his eyes. As you do, you get a quick vision/image in your mind of kissing Loki in the hallway. When the vision fades, you see Loki searching your eyes as well. You shake your head, trying to rid yourself of the vision, as you know you've only kissed Loki in this kitchen when baking.