Evelyn sat in the booth, the plate in front of her empty. She'd been starving from the two hours straight of working out. Her light blue eyes shifted to Noah's messy plate; he'd left a couple of rashers of bacon and half a fried egg.

"You going to eat that?" she asked.

"I was talking," Noah said, looking at her in an annoyed tone.

Evelyn frowned. "Were you?"

"Yeah."

"Sorry, my mind's somewhere else. It always is these days."

"The land of food?"

Evelyn tried to answer something which was different but couldn't. "Yeah," she said, defeated and slumped in her seat.

"You can finish my plate if you want," he said, looking at her kindly.

"Thanks," Evelyn said excitedly, a wide smile on her face. She slid the plate over to her side of the booth and picked up the knife and fork set on the plate.

Noah observed her for a moment before speaking. "Are you okay?"

"Dandy." Her reply was muffled as her mouth was now full with bacon.

Noah sat still for a minute, thinking. "Are you on drugs again?"

Shit, she thought. Evelyn choked, then swallowed the bacon with a loud gulp and took a swig of the glass of water by her side. "No," she lied, her voice higher-pitched than usual.

"You're hungrier than usual, you're taking longer to answer me than you usually do and your voice is higher, which it always is when you're lying."

Evelyn sighed. "I forgot how well you know me." She paused, deliberating her response. "Fine, I'm on drugs."

"Why?" Noah exclaimed.

"Would you shut up?! The paparazzi will be all over me," she said, her voice lowered.

"Sorry. Is it because of your father?" he questioned, his voice lowered also.

The apocalypse crossed her mind like a flash of lightning, going as quickly as it came. "Sort of," she admitted.

"That's not a proper answer. Give me a proper answer. I'm your best friend. You tell me everything," he demanded.

"There are some things which I can't even tell you, Noah."

"Evelyn," he whined loudly, dragging out her name.

"Fine. Just shut up, okay?!" Noah nodded quickly. "My family's going through some things. Klaus gave me some drugs but he didn't know that I'd become addicted again."

"Your brother's a crackhead," he stated.

"While that is very true, don't insult my family. I don't know... everything which happened in my childhood came rushing back and I don't know how to deal with that. And Anna's gone as well. She was the only reason I got clean."

"Quite a dilemma."

"It's not a dilemma, I just need to have some drugs and then... get clean again." I'm never going to get clean with the apocalypse, she thought but kept it to herself.

"More drugs? Evelyn, I can't allow you to do this."

"What are you going to do about it?" Evelyn sneered then instantly regretted it.

"Evelyn Marilyn Hargreeves, I forbid you to do it." Noah was now standing up, looming over Evelyn.

"What are you, my father?" she asked. "Doesn't matter, because I didn't listen to him either." Evelyn stood up out of the red leather seat and walked out of the small restaurant.

"Shit," Noah said under his breath. He went to leave but got stopped by the waitress with the cheque.