xxii.

Klaus, Evelyn and Five walked into Meritech. Klaus was wearing a blue pinstriped suit with a blue tie, blue waistcoat and a crumpled white shirt. He reminded Evelyn of the Tenth Doctor from Doctor Who. Evelyn was still wearing her outfit and Five was still wearing his uniform.

They were seated with the same person Five had manhandled earlier. He was holding himself high and kept glancing at Five nervously. Evelyn blew a bubble with bubble-gum which snapped loudly. Everyone looked at her. She shrugged.

"As I told your son earlier, our patients medical reports are strictly confidential."

"Look, he's found an eye. He wants to return it himself as his first ever good deed. He's a bit of a little shit, you see. You understand. This is important to my little boy... Dominic." Evelyn ruffled Five's hair which made him scowl at her. She booped his nose, enjoying every second of embarrassing and annoying him.

"What about my consent?" Klaus said mysteriously.

"What do you mean?" asked the staff member.

"Who gave you permission to lay your hands on my son?"

"I didn't touch your son," the man said slowly.

"How did he get that swollen lip then?"

"He doesn't have a swollen lip."

Klaus stood up out of his chair and hit Five across the face, leaving his lip swollen and bleeding. Klaus then made his way towards Evelyn and hit her on the nose, making it bleed immediately. "Don't touch my wife!" he screamed. Evelyn and Five realised what he was doing and smirked despite their injuries.

"I want it. Name, please. Now," Klaus demanded, walking over to the man's desk and leaning on it. When he got no answer, Klaus picked up a snow-globe from his desk, reading the label. "Peace on Earth. How sweet." Klaus smashed the snow-globe over his head, his head immediately bleeding. He gave a light cry of pain. "God, that hurt," he groaned.

The man picked up the phone to call security but Evelyn snatched it off of him boisterously and gave it to Klaus.

"There's been an assault in Mr. Big's office. Get up here now. Schell!" He placed the phone down and turned to the man. "This is how it's going to work, Grant."

"My name's Lance," he said meekly.

"Do what we say or I'll fireball your ass," Evelyn said, giving a tight, unforgiving smile in his direction. When he looked like he didn't believe her, she summoned a fireball in her hand. "Understand?" she asked, her voice raised to intimidate him. He quickly nodded. She let the fire extinguish, smoke curled around her hand.

"In about sixty seconds, two security guards will walk in and they're going to see a whole lot of blood. They're going to wonder what the hell happened. And we're going to tell them that you beat the shit out of us." Klaus gasped and walked over to Five, Evelyn on his heels. They all grinned widely. "You're going to do great in prison, trust me I've been there. A little piece of chicken like you, you're gonna get passed around like a... You're gonna do great, that's all I'm saying," Klaus said, smiling. Five's smile disappeared steadily and a look of disgust replaced it as he listened to Klaus and Evelyn's dissipated at the sound of prison.

"You're one sick bastard," Lance said.

"Thank you," Klaus said seriously and spit out a piece of glass in his mouth.

*

Klaus, Evelyn, Five and Lance were in the record room. Klaus was sitting on one of the counters, glaring at Lance and watching his every move. Evelyn was wiping the blood from her face and from where it had trickled onto her chest.