iv.

"Um," Luther mumbled. "So I was wondering if we could have a sort of memorial for Dad at sundown, in the courtyard, in his favourite spot. Say a few words."

"He had a favourite spot?" Allison asked, wondering why she didn't know such a thing.

"Under the oak tree. We used to sit there all the time. Didn't you guys ever do that?" he asked. The other siblings looked at each other in shock.

"Will we be requiring refreshments? Tea? Scones?" Klaus asked, walking in from the bar with a glass of whiskey and a cigarette in his hand. "Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner."

"I could do mini-sausage rolls and cocktail sausages," Evelyn joined in the joke. Luther glared at the pair and Evelyn grinned.

"Is that my skirt?" Allison asked Klaus and the siblings realised that Klaus was actually wearing a skirt. Klaus had asked Evelyn earlier if he could borrow one of hers and she said no, but she just thought it was a joke. Her brother was just full of surprises.

"Oh, yeah this. Found it in your room. It's a little dated but very breathy on the bits," he said and swished the black skirt around before sitting down.

"You're totally pulling it off," said Evelyn as she high-fived her weird brother. The other siblings weren't even confused; Evelyn and Klaus had always been jokers.

"Put that out. You know Dad didn't allow smoking in here," Luther ordered. Klaus did not put his cigarette out. "Anyway," he grumbled, trying to get back on track. "And there's his death."

"I thought it was a heart failure," Allison said.

"Yeah, according to the coroner."

"Wouldn't the coroner know?" Vanya asked, confused.

"Theoretically."

"Theoretically?"

"All I'm saying is that someone had something to do with his death. Before he died, he sounded scared. He told me I shouldn't trust anyone," Luther said, recalling the last time he spoke to his father.

"Oh, quelle surprise," Klaus said while gurgling on his drink. Everyone ignored him which Evelyn thought was rude. Klaus was comedy gold.

"He was just a bitter, paranoid old man who was losing what was left of his marbles," Diego tried to reason, standing up to join Luther.

"Look, I know you don't like to do it but I need you to talk to Dad," Luther said to Klaus.

Klaus pointed to himself, eyebrows raised. Allison scoffed into her drink. "I can't just call Dad in the afterlife and be like 'Dad can you stop playing tennis with Hitler for a second and take a quick call?'" he said as if he couldn't believe it. Evelyn laughed.

"Since when? I thought that was your thing?"

"I'm not... in the right state of mind," he excused.

"You're high?" Allison asked.

"Exactly!"

"Well, sober up. This is important," Luther demanded. "And then there's his monocle."

"What's so important about the goddamn monocle?" Diego moaned.

"Exactly. The monocle was worthless. Whoever took it, it's personal. They had a grudge."

"What are you saying?" Vanya asked, her voice with a nervous yet scared tinge in it.

"Isn't it obvious? He's saying one of us killed Dad," Diego explained.

"What?!" Vanya and Klaus exclaimed at the same time.

"You're crazy," Klaus said.

"How could you think that?" Allison asked.

"Yeah, because I totally did that," Evelyn said sarcastically.

"That's not what I was saying," Luther said but got ignored by the siblings walking out of the room.

"Bye, I'm going to kill Mom," Klaus said as he exited.

Soon enough, Luther was just left with Evelyn.

"Aren't you going to leave too?" he asked.

"You know, as much as I hated the old man, I wouldn't kill him. But yeah, sure, I'll leave. I'm going to murder Vanya and Klaus, maybe Pogo too if I feel like it," Evelyn said, then left the room, rolling her eyes as she did.