Hanahaki

Lance lied on his bed, looking at his phone. He had a small smile on his face, and a blush on his cheeks. He was texting someone. The particular person texted him something and Lance laughed aloud.

EmoMullet: :)

Lancelot: Kogane used a emoticon? That's a first. >:)

EmoMullet: Shut up, I'll never do it again.

Lancelot: Not even for me? (ㆁωㆁ*)

EmoMullet is typing...

Lancelot: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ    (◉ω◉)  ('・ω・')      'ㅅ' ??????HMMMM? wOULD u Do It FoR mE MullET?

EmoMullet: For you? Maybe.

Lance gaped at the message as blood rushed in his cheeks. He would've laughed if it wasn't for the intense coughing and suffocating feeling of something in his throat. He dropped his phone and felt a feeling rise in his throat. He choked until he finally coughed up something in his hand. A blue petal. Lance stared at the petal for a few minutes and then threw it away. He walked up to his bed and picked up his phone.

EmoMullet: Hey Lance, you there?

 Sir Lancelot: Yeah, sorry Hunk had brought some cookies, everything's alright!

EmoMullet: Oh cool. Talk to you later.

Sir Lancelot: TTYL

EmoMullet: ?

Sir Lancelot: You have so much to learn, bye.

EmoMullet: Bye, Lance.

Lance smiles and forget about the flower petal in his trash can.

                                                                               ~🌺~

A few months later, Lance had still been coughing up flowers and being the idiot he is, thought he was hallucinating and left it alone. He knew it was really serious when he started to cough up fully grown blue roses with blood. He called the people he knew would help. Hunk and Pidge. Pidge kicked down his door, holding their phone and their eyes frantic. "What do you mean you think you're really sick? What's wrong?" Lance was on his bed and pointed to the trash can next to him. Pidge walked over to the trash can and saw the flowers,"What did Allura reject you again or something?" Lance shook his head and coughed another bloody rose. Pidge stared at him in amazement as he covered his mouth. "I thought it wasn't real..." Lance raised his eyebrow and his voice came out raspy,"What is?" Hunk kicked down the door like Pidge had done before,"LANCE? I heard you were sick so I made soup and-Oh My Word. Lance, what is that?" Hunk set his pot of soup and ran to Lance's side. Lance pointed to Pidge,"You were saying?"

Pidge continued,"I really think it's Hanahaki. A fictional rare disease that is caused by unrequited love. The person who's in love starts to cough up flowers until they get the cure. Lance, you have to find out who you like, or you'll die if you don't confess. That's the cure. If the person rejects you you die." Lance's eyes widened,"But I don't even know who I like! Are there any other cures?" Pidge fixed their glasses," Well, you can get surgery but then you'll lose the feelings you have for this person. Lance, do you have any idea of who you have a crush on?" Lance shook his head,"I-I don't know."

Hunk smiled warmly at his friend,"Don't worry! We're here to help! Is it Allura? You've had a crush on her and now she's dating Romelle." Lance felt his stomach and his throat. He stopped having a crush on Allura for a while now and was happy for Allura and Romelle. He didn't feel the thorns in his throat and the flowers in his lungs weren't suffocating him at the moment. He shook his head,"Hmm, maybe Shiro?" Lance shook his head frantically,"He's like a dad!"