I've always loved you, I never stopped loving you

Chuuya's hand shook, his mind racing. He wasn't sure what Dazai was going to say to him, and truth be told he didn't want to know. Chuuya took a deep breath stepping inside of the room to see the unconscious brunette.

"Dazai-" his voice was shaky, and ran up to him.

He was hooked up to a breathing machine, his head cocked slightly to the left. Dazai's left hand covered his chest and his right hand laid perfectly still on the bed. Most of his bandages were still intact and he wore nothing except a hospital robe. Chuuya pulled up the chair setting it next to the bed.

"Dazai, I-" Chuuya closed his eyes resting his head on Dazai's chest. Tears began to consume him, and he felt nothing except guilt. His heart was aching and he couldn't seem to move himself off Dazai. Chuuya's world seemed to be falling apart, and he couldn't do anything to save the person that meant the most to him. Yosano had told him the brunette would regain consciousness in a few days, but something was telling him that it wasn't going to be that simple.

"I- I'm sorry." That's all the ginger could say. The tears came down like a waterfall, and his head collapsed onto the bed.

"I'm sorry for not being there." Chuuya interlocked his hand with Dazai's, feeling the coldness in his skin. He held onto his hand never wanting to let go.

"Dazai- I'm s-sorry for not being t-the partner I promised to be." His voice was beginning to crack, and he squeezed the others hand. Chuuya looked up, tears still falling out of his eyes. "It's my fault. It's my fault you were hurt, because I wasn't there to save you."

The guilt started to overwhelm him, as he thought about the years without him. It has never truly occurred to Chuuya why he had hated Dazai. Then it dawned on him. When Dazai left that night, the redhead lost a part of him. He looked up to see the brunettes features and his heart was breaking into a million pieces.

"Dazai I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for telling myself to hate you for the past four years. We made a promise to never leave each other, to be with each other till death due us part. The night you left, I didn't know what to do, and I told myself to loathe you. But you broke our promise, and I had every right to hate you. You lied to me, left me, used me, and yet-"

Chuuya leaned over, causing some of his tears to land onto Dazai's face. His hand never leaving the brunettes, his heart pounding. Chuuya placed his lips onto Osamu's, giving him a soft gentle kiss.

"And yet-I love you Shūji."

The redhead pulled back, a weak smile forming onto his face. He closed his eyes remembering the days he spent with Dazai. The days after long missions, the days they annoyed each other, the days they fought, and the days they enjoyed each other's company. A chuckle escaped Chuuya's mouth, it was filled with sorrow, and regret. He felt as if he overlooked the man that had always been there for him.

Flashback

"Chuuya~" A slim brunette called. He wrapped his arms around the smaller figure, resting his head on his shoulder. "Chuuya~ I'm bored."

"And this is my problem because...?" The redhead stopped walking turning to see Dazai slumped on his back.

"Becauseeeee I wove youuuu, and your my boyfrienddd. So do you have any ideas Chu-Chu?" Chuuya glared him, now picking up the brunette and giving him a piggy back ride.

"The next time you call me that I'm gonna slap that smug look off your face."

"Aww why is my chibi so mean to me~" Dazai pouted, but took of the redheads hat and placed it on himself. "How do I look?" Chuuya let out a small giggle watching his lover attempt to wear his hat.