The man in the shadows

"My name is Matsuda, Matusda Touta." In one quick movement Dazai felt a cold metal object against his temple. The man moved so diligently that even the brunette was unable to see his movements. Dazai froze. He couldn't predict his movements, and he knew trying to get information out of him was like talking to a stone wall. He wasn't sure what Matsuda's main objective was but he needed to stall time.

"Hello Matsuda. My name is Dazai, Dazai Osamu." The man smiled, ever so slightly loosening his grip on the gun.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Osamu." Dazai smirked bowing his head. "The pleasure is all mine Matsuda." Dazai averted his gaze to look around the room. He wasn't sure how the man had entered and wondered if it had to do with his ability. Then he remembered the stories about his ability.

Whoever is touched by his ability is never the same. They disappear for periods of time but return with no memory of what happened just the scars to prove they were gone.

"Matsuda how were you able to get in without anyone noticing?" The man raised a brow pointing towards the other side of the room.

"The door."

His gaze was fixated on Dazai, watching his every movement. Fyodor had warned him that this man was slick and Matsuda had one job today. He couldn't let soukoku interfere otherwise he will fail. The brunette lifted up his hand tapping on his ring twice. Matsuda's eyes narrowed confused at what he was doing. Dazai set his hand down looking back at the other male a wide smile spread across his face.

"Someone's happy." Matsuda's voice was obviously annoyed and he looked around the room as if he was waiting for something. Dazai smiled, pushing his head against the gun. Matsuda's eyes widened not entirely sure on what he was doing.

"Go ahead, kill me. That's why you're here right?" The other man smiled leaning forward to meet the brunettes gaze.

"I would love too, but unfortunately that's not why I'm here." Dazai froze.

Shit

Dazai's brain started running over a thousand thoughts thinking on why he was here. He could probably counter everything this man has thought of, but not in this state. He only knew stories about this man, and very little was known about his ability. It ranged from hallucination to simply just not having one.

Matsuda snapped him out of his thoughts by grabbing his hand lifting it up. He has just seen Dazai toy with it and was wondering if it had meant something. He scanned over the ring and noticed a small engraving on the gem in the middle.

For the tainted sorrow

"Dazai, if your ability is called No longer Human, then why does your ring say, For the tainted sorrow?" Dazai smiled looking at him.

"It's how we stay in contact. It's also how we know what's happening depending on where the other is." He tapped his ring three times and a small glow appeared. His signature smirk creeped onto his face, while Matsuda narrowed his eyes. "It's also how Chuuya can hear our conversation right now." The other male froze.

Shit this is what Fyodor was talking about

"I'm sure I've mentioned on more than one occasion that these aren't ordinary rings. But I mean a bartender might forget some things after serving so many people, no?" A low chuckle escaped the ravens mouth and he looked at Dazai, as if he had just won a game.

"You remember me?"

"Of course, you had so many questions, and you don't look like a bartender." Matsuda leaned over. His lips brushing against Dazai's ear.