Leon Ending - "Did You Feel the Magic?"

~3 Months Later~

Shiina Kisaragi's POV:

JUNE

"Shiina, where have you been disappearing to lately?"

Kiharu posed the question as soon as the lunch bell had chimed and I was scrambling to put my belongings away.

"You always seem like you're in a rush," Tsumugi added.

Feigning a smile, I forced a laugh. "Whatever do you mean? I'm buying lunch. Have to get there before the typical commotion. Nothing usual."

They stared at me with half-lidded eyes.

"You, buying lunch?" Kiharu asked incredulously. "Even though yer lunchbox is sitting right there in yer bag?"

I followed their gaze to my backpack only to find the cloth of my lunchbox sticking right out.

I sweatdropped. Seizing the straps, I yanked it to my chest and squeaked, "You know me, I love eating. The more meals the better."

"Shiina—" Tsumugi started.

"I-I'll see you guys later! Bye!"

I booked it for the exit, clambering through the hall before they could prod me further or potentially make chase. Upon arriving at a safe distance, far from the masses, I expelled an official breath. As much as it ebbed at me not telling Kiharu and Tsumugi, the idea of them discovering the truth was a much scarier alternative.

Nobody could find out.

I wouldn't allow it.

Shoulders squared, I surveyed my surroundings. Then, ensuring there were no lurking eyes, I made the pursuit to the nearest female restroom—one I frequented since hardly anyone visited. Entering one of the empty stalls, I grasped my bag and surfaced the bundle of clothes tucked inside.

My mouth wilted into an immediate frown.

Put on the darn outfit, Shiina, my conscience chastised. You don't have a choice.

Burying the disgust seeping to the surface, I nudged aside my never-ending stream of doubts and got changed. I pushed the door open a crack once fitted. The hinges creaked, but after noting the coast was clear, I made my way out. I couldn't bear to glance at myself in the mirror. Merely gathered my property and dashed outside the washroom. Through the corridors, past gawping passersby, and into the main school courtyard.

He was idling there, decked out in his dramatic top hat, cape, and wand. Upon arriving at his side very much out of breath, Leon Hirawa beamed brilliantly.

"Kitty cat! Why are you hiding?" He removed my bag from my hold and raked me over with his eyes. "Nnn. You're absolutely stunning!"

"This outfit makes me queasy."

"You'll live."

He lobbed my belongings behind the fold-up table he'd assembled. Rested upon the elaborate red curtain he'd sprawled across it was but few of his superfluous 'magical' contraptions. Renowned throughout the school as an eccentric magician—rightfully so—Leon's obsession with wowing others via the crazy hijinks he engaged in, was standard. He was immensely full of himself, spread rumours of his 'magnificence,' dished out fortunes that once hurled my meagre life into chaos.

Although deep, deep, deep down Leon (probably) meant well and was (most likely) a great person, I couldn't handle him. I wanted nothing more than to avoid him. Unfortunately for me, fate had other plans.