Chapter 35 - "Hopelessly and Utterly"

TSUMUGI
Asdfghjkl
Aehsudjdkkl
Skaksjaleldk

KIHARU
Rin Mizota sent us a selfie!
A selfie!!!
He's so hot asdfghjkl
I'm in H E A V E N!!!  ᵉʰᵉʰᵉ(*/∇\⭒)

I'd set the record straight concerning Rin-Rin. At first, the two were mad I'd pettily kept it a secret. Nevertheless, after promising to give them Rin-Rin's number on the condition that they'd keep it a secret, they started apologizing to me. Bowed through the phone in appreciation with boundless compliments. For the longest time, and even the reason I even attended Hoshizaki Academy, was to get away from my peers who started taking advantage of me when Rin-Rin shot to stardom. Kiharu and Tsumugi were a lot of things, but they weren't that superficial. In fact, I found it adorable how big of fans they were. Especially Kiharu, who never looked twice at the boys who attended our school.

That being said, Rin-Rin was getting out of hand. Sooner or later he'd give them heart failure. Knowing Rin-Rin, however, he was perfectly aware of that and was teasing my poor friends on purpose.

"Kisa, is everything all right?"

I turned my head from my cell and. Banri gazed upon me with a concerned head tilt. Pocketing my device, I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Then, we should hurry inside," Upperclassman Miyake declared, standing adjacent to him. "We're running late."

I framed my gaze forward, specifically at the building towering ahead of us. Today wasn't an average day. The co-founders of the Beautician Boyz had work to do. Noir Nakatani had requested an audience with them. As in, the legendary stylist and fashion designer Banri had worshipped since the dawn of time. Upon hearing of the news a while back, I'd asked Banri if I could tag along. He readily agreed but now that the day had arrived, I was insanely nervous.

Banri, who I'd assumed would be losing his top, was surprisingly calm and collected. When the three of us had met up at the train station, he didn't instantly fawn over my existence either, which an immediate telltale he wasn't himself.

When we entered the automatic doors and Banri arrived at the front desk to address the lady there, my suspicion was confirmed.

"Hi, I'm Beautician Boyz." He shook his head. "I mean, Boyz doing Beautician. I mean, I'm a boy with beautician parts—"

"Banri." I yanked his arm back.

The lady blinked wildly. Upperclassman Miyake took the stage, conversing like an expert while simultaneously leaving the lady giggling like a schoolgirl.

"Are you all right?" I demanded from Banri in the meantime.

"Fine," he said. "Me is."

He bowed to a nearby plant.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Banri, the boy."

My eyelids tapered. Boy went and lost his sanity.

A sigh exited my mouth. This made a lot more sense though. Noir was his idol. If I was going to meet Mortal Mania upfront and in person, I'd lose my marbles, too.

"Banri, it's morning. Wake up," I hissed, forcing him back up. He remained in a daze. I set my hands on my hips. "What will make you come to your senses? Meeting Mr. Noir like this will be a disaster."

I had to do something, quick. Who knew how much longer we had until he was exposed.

Racking my brain proved futile. Settling on my instincts, I situated my palms on his shoulders and compelled his eyes to mine.