70

Chapter 70- andjwjdjjejwjiw that's a lot of chapters..

Shinsou had never felt relief wash over him like it did in that moment. Tears he had been desperately trying to forever push back bursted forward. And he let them. Because Izuku was okay. He was awake. Meaning, they wouldn't pull his plug! He'd be alright! He was going to survive.

All the crankiness and stress lifted off his shoulders as a loud sob crawled it's way out his throat from deep in his belly. All the guilt and sadness was washed away by his tears as he latched onto his mother, wrapping his arms around the woman.

She gasped in surprise, not expecting this reaction from her son. Tears, yes. Comforting contact? No. He had been distant ever since Izuku being stuck in a coma was announced. He barely left his room, barely touched his food, and had pushed her away everytime she tried to confront or comfort him.

When she recovered from her stun, a sad smile stretched onto her lips as she sighed and hugged him back. The warmth coming from her offspring was a nice change from the coldness he had been showing her and her husband.

She was glad that even though it was going to take awhile for him to fully heal, at least he was beginning to. This had been a hard experience for him and now, he was finally one step closer to getting over everything. He had been so stuck, frozen in place, scared to move. But now, Izuku was okay. Meaning...he could let himself be okay too.

Then it dawned on him...

"We have to go see him!" He said suddenly and abruptly pulled away from his mother and quickly jumped up. He moved too fast for her to protest, quickly running to his closet to grab something to throw on besides the lazy clothing he was currently wearing.

She let out a soft chuckle. "We can't go see him now, it's way too late! We'll be turned away as soon as we step foot in that hospital."

Shinsou stopped his movements, staying put in place. He had been previously pushing through his hangers so now he paused, pushing the load of clothes into half. He stared at the wall in front of him. That was true...

Visiting hours were over a long time ago. But, would they let them in? I mean, Izuku HAD been out for a long time and a lot of people were worried about him. If they didn't let people see him now, then tomorrow would be hectic. Plus, Izuku needed rest. It'd be best for people to visit now, when he's awake, rather than later when he's undoubtedly going to get tired and fall back to sleep for some rest.

The doctors wouldn't have called tonight if they weren't allowing anyone to come in. If they weren't, then they would've called the next morning. Also, Shinsou's mother wasn't acting as if they had told her directly no.

"Well, I'd prefer going there and be turned back rather than just staying here because of a 50/50 chance." He turned to his mom with a smile, reassuring her that he wasn't angry. Nor was he mad at her anymore. He just..didn't want to stay here while Izuku was probably alone and afraid.

And besides, there's more than a 110% chance that Aizawa will also be there in approximately 3 seconds after getting the call too. There's no denying it. That man always got superspeed when it came to his kids. And that's not even talking about just Izuku and Minato. Them especially yeah, but everyone in 1-A he'd die for. He'd race into battles beyond the mind's comprehension to save them. He'd deny and deny but everyone knew that deep down, hidden behind that mask of coldness, he was a big ol' softie.

"Fine." His mother gave in and rubbed tiredly at her eyes. "I'll go get dressed quickly, alright? Then I'll drive you over there." She smiled softly and stood.

"Thanks mom!" Shinsou said, returning the smile.

That upturn of the lips. It was so..innocent. It was such an everyday thing but it put quite the strain on her heart. It really pulled on its strings. She knew it was a normal display of happiness, gratefulness, and everything in-between but she was just so happy that it was directed at her. For the longest time, Shinsou seemed to be internally angry at the world. She never understood why, but she figured it's had something to do with his quirk and all the backlash the world gave him for it. But ever since he met Izuku, he's been getting better. He's been sleeping more, he's been more active, less irritable, and more humourous.