11

Izuku hated hospitals. They reminded him he was dying. It was one of the only things he feared. The familiar and strong smell of disinfectants haunted his worst nightmares.

The cold tiled floors, the white walls and blue design on the ceiling. In the room he was currently waiting in, the design was a blue whale and some fish.

Most children hospitals had similar things on their ceilings too, just to give some comfort for the small kids, that like him, were scared of hospitals.

But it did little to nothing to calm the nauseous feeling in his stomach.

His hands curled into the scratchy paper on the hospital bed.

His doctor, Daichi Ito, was supposed to be there but he was late. Or Izuku was early. He didn't know when the appointment was supposed to start, he just knew that he was supposed to be in this room at 12.

He tapped his fingers on his knees nervously, listening to the ticking clock and tried his best to keep his breathing steady.

Today was going to be a long day. He had a a MRI scan and chemotherapy. An hour of MRI first and then 4 hours of chemo.

The door opened and his doctor walked in, holding a clip board to his chest. He smiled at Izuku and sat on the doctor's chair in front of the computer and wiggled the mouse. "Hello Midoriya, it's nice to see you. How have you been since the last time I saw you?" He asked as the computer came to life and he quickly typed in the password.

"Fine." Izuku lied and looked down at his hands.

Daichi hummed in response before clicking into Izuku's file and spun in his chair so that he was looking at him. "Alright, let's get this check up started. Come with me." He stood up and Izuku followed him out of he room and into another one two doors down.

He weighed him, measured his height, checked his blood pressure, grip strength then they went back to the room they were currently in.

"So, how's things with your dad?" Daichi asked as he transferred all the data he just got from his clip board to the computer where he submitted it. "The same."

The doctor nodded before he walked over to the sink and washed his hands, grabbed a pair of gloves and then went to where Izuku was. "I've seen the news, you've still been doing vigilante work even though your cancer is getting worse."

Of course Daichi had to know about his work. During check ups, he saw Izuku's battle scars. He couldn't blame them on his dad because it would be reported and he'd be taken from his home and that would mean Izuku would break the promise he made his mother. He also couldn't blame it on bullies because the scars and bruises would be looked at as illegal assault and he'd have to tell them who it was.

There was no way he could get away with lying.

Thank God that Izuku had actually saved Daichi's wife once and so Daichi was willing to keep his secret.

"I'm not gonna stop until I'm caught or dead. Whichever comes first." Izuku mumbled and opened his mouth so the doctor could stick the light into it.

______time skip to his MRI scan bc I don't have time to explain a check up+ I name this line Casey

"Are you sure that's it?" The MRI doctor asked as Izuku handed her his watch and ear piercings. "It's basically a huge magnet so if you have any other metal on you, the machine will literally rip it out of you." She warned and Izuku nodded.

"That's it."

She smiled before leaving Daichi to prepare Izuku for the next hour. "Here, you have to wear this." Ito stated and handed Izuku the hospital approved gown.