44

Izuku's cheeks are suddenly kissed pink like a spring rose, the blooming colour so cute against his freckled skin. His blush seared through his cheeks and for a minute he thought his face was on fire. He suddenly felt awkward, demure, and coy; even going as far as attempting to hide his rosy features behind his slim and scarred fingers.

"Y-you mean..like b-boyfriends?" Izuku stuttered out.

Shinsou nodded and lightly squeezed Izuku's hand. "Yeah, Izu. Like boyfriends." He scoffed. "Actually, not LIKE boyfriends, I'm asking you to BE my boyfriend."

Now, not only were Izuku's cheeks burning, but his whole face turned red. Though his ears   were hidden among the messy green curls of his hair, it was obvious that they were as rosy as his face. 

"I like you a lot, Izuku." Shinsou repeated and gently rubbed his thumb on Izuku's flushed skin.

"I like you so much. That means I would defend you with my life even if the odds were insurmountable. It means I will comfort you in the difficult and painful times. It means I will dance and rejoice with you when times are good. It means I will never betray you, never give up on you. It means finding my fire when you are threatened, yet never waging war - only doing what is necessary for a noble defence.  Love says I forgive you when you make mistakes. Love says though life may test me I am yours into eternity and I will never abandon you. It means I will never put you in danger no matter how noble the "cause" may be."

Shinsou had been so deep into pouring his heart out that he didn't even realize he had went further than he intended and admitted his love for Izuku.

Maybe..maybe if he hadn't said that, it wouldn't have had such an impact on Izuku.

"You love me?" Izuku asked softly, the redness of his past blush fading and paling over with a white proof of his rising sadness.

Shinsou winced, realizing his mistake. "I-I do."

Izuku's breath hitched in his throat, free hand flying up to cover his mouth as a heartbreaking gasp escaped him. "What have I done." He muttered.

"What do you mean?" Shinsou asked, eyes filling with tears.

Izuku gently slid his hand out of Shinsou's and stood, turning his back on the other boy. His body shook as he did his best to hold back his sobs of dispair.

This..was too much to take in. All he's ever tried to do was keep his importance in others lives to a minimum, that way he didn't leave much of a scar when he died, but..he failed. Somehow he managed to let Shinsou fall in love with him.

He was such an idiot. What else did he think would happen, fooling around with him in that way. He wasn't careful. He did this. He ruined this.

"S-Shinsou.." Izuku stuttered, purposely using his last name. "I don't think this is a good idea. I don't want to hurt you."

Shinsou stood up too, reaching out a hand and gently spinning him around so that they were face to face.

He put his hands on Izuku's cheeks, searching his eyes for something that he didn't know he was looking for. "You won't be hurting me."

Izuku shook his head and took a step back and out of Shinsou's arms. "You don't understand. No one does. You can't get involved with me, I'm not.." he trailed off, not even going to attempt to finish that sentence.

"I'm already involved with you, Izuku." Shinsou protested and took another step closer. "And that's okay. I want to be involved with you. I don't care about your heavy luggage, that doesn't matter to me. I just want you. Even if that means I have to be with you by your hospital bed. Sickness and health, rain or shine, fire or ice, I will always want to be here for you Izuku."