42

There was a different feel Izuku got from being in UA when he was actually about to start hero training. It was a mix of excitement, fear, and a cold chilly sadness that creeped up his arms and left goosebumps on his skin.

This was all for nothing. He could be out saving people, but he was wasting his time in school. Learning about things he already knew. Training with people he didn't know.

Did his classmates respect him, or did they agree with the rest of society? Do they only think he was cool because he had more experience and they wanted to be on his good side, or did they genuinely like him? Would they talk behind his back?

He shook away those thoughts and continued to wait in the hall for someone to leave the locker rooms so he could ask them for directions. He still didn't know his way around. A tour would've been helpful.

He leaned against the wall, trying to keep his eyes away from the doors on either side of him so that he didn't look like a creep.

The only time he lifted his head was when  the girl's locker room opened.

He lowered his gaze back down and was careful to keep his eyes away from the door that way he didn't sneak a peak at something he didn't want to see behind it.

When he heard the door close again he turned over.

Standing there was the girl from earlier. The one he had caught staring at him. "Oh hey!" She said awkwardly, waving slightly.

He smiled sheepishly and walked towards her. "Hey, I don't know my way around. I was hoping you could help me find my way to ground beta."

"Of course!" She chirped and the two started side by side down the hall.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?" Izuku asked and the brunette's smile slipped from her face for a second before it returned, but smaller.

"I didn't expect you to remember," she stated slowly. "I just really wish you did."

Izuku furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Have we met before?"

He racked his brain for anytime they could've met, and although he slightly found her face familiar, he couldn't seem to know from where.

"Yes. Well, technically, no. I didn't meet Midoriya, I met Night watch."

Izuku's eyes widened, her face slowly becoming more recognizable. It felt like so long ago. So much has happened, he vaguely remembered any of the people he saved. Not to be a bragger, but he's saved too many faces to remember them all.

"I'm Ochako Uraraka, the dumb girl who went to the store around midnight even though I live in a relatively bad neighborhood. It was real dumb of me, and I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't been there." She smiled sadly. "I didn't realize how dangerous my actions were until that man stopped me. I could've been kidnapped, raped or even killed. I can't help but believe I didn't thank you enough."

Izuku's forehead creased. "You don't need to thank me." He said quickly, a blush rising to highlight his cheeks. "I saw you needed help, and jumped in. There's nothing else to it, you don't owe me anything. I would do it all over again."

Uraraka frowned and Izuku panicked. "NOT THAT IM TELLING YOU TO PUT YOURSELF IN THAT PREDICAMENT AGAIN!" he said a little to loudly, catching the eyes of a few loitering students. But they became disinterested and their gazes drifted back to their own lives.

"Oh, don't worry, I know what you mean." Uraraka said, a sad look still prominent on her face. "But that's the thing...I've always admired heroes. I've always felt a connection to what they did, I wanted to help people. But when the times came, I was the one who needed saving. I don't think you know how much you inspired me that night, Midoriya. You inspired me to train with my quirk and take the entrance exam for UA."