71

~Time skip to after they're done with all their individual reunions with Izuku, brought to you by Aizawa's gucci eye bags~

"I have to go pick something up," Aizawa stated, sending a glance at Hizashi. Izuku looked up at him and nodded, letting him know that he was fine with him leaving for a little bit.

"It's really late, and we can't stay long, so hurry." Present Mic told his husband, pulling out his phone to check the time. It was nearing 5:30 in the morning. School was cancelled because of the backlash from the camp attack and all the heroes working together to track down the villains. Some of the students were even still in the hospital. Others were being kept inside by their overprotective parents, fearing their child's wellbeing.

"Yeah, yeah." Aizawa said and waved the blonde off before grabbing his keys and leaving. He held the door open for a doctor who was making her way in and slipped out after she had entered.

"Hello, my name is Matsumoto. I specialize in the study of cancer." She introduced herself and bowed politely. "News of your miraculous recovery has reached my office across town and I couldn't resist coming to check it out myself. I'm just going to talk to you for a bit if you don't mind."

Izuku nodded and sat up.

"First, let's start off with you telling me how you feel. Like, do you feel a difference in the way your body is handling itself? Usually cancer survivers say that it takes awhile after they beat cancer for their body to get back to normal. Your recovery was speedy, I'm just trying to see how speedy." She explained as she took a seat and placed her computer on her lap, ready to quickly type down his response. "Take your time. I don't mind waiting a minute. I understand if this question is a head scratcher being as though you still have healing injuries."

Izuku took a deep breath and focused his mind on trying to pick out his various pains. It was indeed a head scratcher. His arms and legs were still wrapped in bandages, bones still gluing themselves back together, but other than that, he definitely could feel a major difference in his body. "I do feel a difference." He admitted. "I used to feel like my limbs were too heavy for my body. Like I was dragging myself around. I don't feel the exhaustion I used to feel. And the pain. The pain is gone. The ache that always clung to me is just..gone. I feel so light."

Her eyes lit up, quickly typing in something they didn't know. "You see, that's what I'm looking for. Cancer uses up the body's energy supply, making cancer patients of all ages and varying cancers feel excessive fatigue. During the recovering process after beating cancer, the body has to restore it's energy supply so it takes awhile for them to get back on their feet. You're different. Not only did your cancer disappear completely over night, but you're recovering process seems to be over already too."

Izuku nodded, overflowing happiness swimming through him at the moment. He couldn't believe that this was happening to him. The world always seems to hate him, throwing thing after thing at him. Yet now, something good has actually happened. It's impossible. He feared that everything was looking up now, but once he gets too used to it, the world is going to tell SIKE and throw something at him that's going to forever bury him. There was no way his trials were over.

Cancer had been haunting him for years. It slowed his movements, punched jabs at him when he least expected it. He always thought he was going to die. But now...now...what did his future look like?

"Next question." She said, giving Izuku a small smile. "I heard the last time you took chemo wasn't too long ago. Do you feel like chemotherapy could've been the cause of this, or do you believe something greater happened to get you here?"

Izuku didn't even have to think about it. "Definitely not because of chemo." He chuckled bluntly. "The chemo never really worked for me. It just made me lose my taste buds to a metal flavor and gave me nausea, a fever, and a desire for sleep instead of food."