28

"So auntie," Izuku said quietly. "Do you think I deserve to be happy, even if I killed your best friend? Even if I'm a murderer? A villain?"

The fire burned for a second but Izuku managed. As he stood in the fire he outstretched his arms and pushed his quirk to it's farthest limit. His veins turned a neon green, his eyes glowing a similar color as a loud scream pierced the air.

"Izuku, you are no villain. I think you deserve everything, but I also know that you don't feel the same. The only reason you're not happy is because you're not allowing happiness to have any room in your life."

Izuku heard Jr screaming his name in the background but he blocked it out. He had to show the heroes he was a hero, and what better way to do that then show how heroic he truly was?

He didn't need fame or glory to save a life, he just needed selflessness and courage. Something most heroes didn't have. He was brave, braver than he believed and stronger than he let on.

"Well,,,how do I let it in?" He asked desperately, hoping she had the answers he's been searching for all day.

His body shook with the amount of power he was forcing out of his body and he knew that if he kept it up, he really would black out.

Sensei died in the middle of Izuku training this part of his quirk. It was complex and required a lot of power and focus.

But so was anything Izuku did. He didn't just wake up and was the master of his quirk. No, he went through a lot to get where he was. When he first started his quirk was pretty useless. He was 9 when he met Sensei and the most he could do with his quirk at the time was make an object no bigger than a TV glitch.

He's been through so much that he would rather die here on the spot than have it forced away from him. He wouldn't want to live life without everything he's accomplished. That would be a life not worth living.

He was a hero so that he could save the people others couldn't, like how he couldn't save his mother. He was a hero so that others never had to fear life. He wanted to be the greatest hero, not for the money or fame, but because he wanted the world to be at peace. He wanted everyone's dead mothers, fathers, siblings, grandparents, friends, partners and everything in between to rest easy, not having to worry about the people they could no longer protect.

He wanted his mother to watch over him with a proud smile. One that would warm the chill cancer gave his body. One that would wrap him in just as much comfort as her hugs would.

He wanted to be someone his dad could love again.

But now, because he was caught, he couldn't be any of that.

"Let me tell you a story, Izuku."

A green mist formed around him, electricity sparks flying everywhere as he focused his quirk to control the raw energy in the raging fire that danced around him.

With a loud war cry he used every spec of power in him to gather everything he could and send the wall flying straight back to an unsuspecting Endeavor.

Izuku fell to his knees, panting as all the veins in his hand, arms, abdomen and neck turned all different kind of greens and purples. They throbbed and begged for a relief Izuku couldn't give them.

His body felt limp and exhaustion set in. Endeavor howled as his own fire backfired and burned his skin.

Izuku forced his neck to look back and he made sure Jr was alright.

The red head was staring at Izuku with wide eyes full of shock. Izuku smiled weakly at him and looked back over at the fire still dancing.

Endeavor was out of it now, burns littering his skin. No, his own flames couldn't hurt him, but when Izuku stole it and basically remade it, the flames became his.