35

After Shinsou left, Izuku was alone again. Thankfully, not for long.

Surprisingly, Mitsuki came to see him. "Hey Izuku." She greeted softly and placed a gift basket on his bedside table.

He sat up and smiled at her. "Hey auntie, what're you doing here?"

She rolled her eyes playfully and sat on a visitors chair. "To check up on you, obviously!"

Izuku laughed and looked away.

They were silent for a few moments before Mitsuki spoke up. "Have you thought about what I said?"

Izuku gulped and looked over, smiling slightly. "Yeah," he replied. " I have."

"Good." She said. "Those words helped me through a lot when I heard them for the first time."

Izuku's eyes widened. "They weren't yours?" He asked, originally thinking that the advice was Mitsuki's.

Mitsuki laughed, "no, they weren't." She tilted her head. "I'm flattered that you think I'm that wise, though."

Izuku furrowed his eyebrows. "If they weren't yours.." he pondered. "Whose were they?"

She laughed again. "It's a spoken poem, Izuku." She explained. "By a man named Prince ea. Your mom actually showed me him. I listened to him so frequently after she did, that I memorized it."

Izuku scoffed, desperate to not let this conversation drift too far into a topic he really didn't feel like speaking about. "You plagiarizer." He teased.

She just rolled her eyes again and crossed her legs. "I'm not a plagiarizer," she protested. "His words just influenced my...speech."

"Call it what you want!" Izuku chuckled again and bit his lip.

Suddenly the door was thrown open and two people walked in, pushing each other and arguing in hushed yells.

"Carly?" Izuku asked curiously, tilting his head in confusion. "Binx?"

The two looked up and grinned when they realized Izuku was awake, neither aware of the woman currently pouting because her visit was interrupted.

"We thought you'd be asleep!" Carly exclaimed, "Thank God you're not. Sakura can't visit because she has to watch the café since we're not there, but she sends her wishes."

Izuku smiled at the thought of Sakura. He couldn't wait to see her again. She was probably so worried. She'd love to know he was going to start at UA. Although, she probably already knew being as though his business was being broadcasted all over the news channels.

"That's fine," he flagged them. "I totally get it, I'm glad you two came though!"

They both took turns hugging him carefully and only when they went to grab a chair did they notice Mitsuki.

"Oh!" Binx said, cheeks flaring red. "Sorry for interrupting! We can come back another time!"

Mitsuki smiled and stood up, waving them off. "No need, I should get going. I just wanted to check up on him but I have to get to work. I'll come back later, alright Izuku?"

Her gaze flicked to the greenette who nodded and she walked over, kissed his forehead and left.

Carly and Binx sat on chairs beside his bed and Carly was the first to speak. "Who was that?"

Izuku chuckled awkwardly. "Just someone I've known my entire life."

"That's cool," Carly said. "Most of the people we've known our entire lives don't bother to reach out."