EPILOGUE

(epilogue)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

            Once upon a time, there lived a boy who soon grew into a King. A prideful one, in fact. He was someone who always felt obligated to follow the rules set out for him and he never expressed complaint. Until one day, the King's little sister had introduced him to her friend, who was simply a commoner.

The King disliked his sister's friend and often tried to avoid the girls from continuing their friendship any longer because he thought the girl was a bad influence on his sister. However, as time passed, he realized it was futile. Tearing apart a friendship that had a bond that was imperishable that even someone with his power considered as impractical.

As many years passed, the King realized that he doubted the girl. She was not just any commoner, she was special. But the King refused to ever admit it. So, many years had yet again passed and after realizing that hiding the truth of how he felt, the King couldn't pretend any longer. He cared for the commoner girl and soon, he found a friendship with her.

The friendship that lasted for a long time, that slowly and eventually turned into an everlasting love. However, this was not the end of their story, because once everything began to settle down, that was when everything started to fall.

The King's father wanted to obliterate his sister, his beloved and her friends but, the King chose to start a rebellion to protect them.

The King and his followers fought long and hard, but no matter how many people they had on their side, the King couldn't win.

His sister and beloved both mortally wounded. The King and his followers no longer had the strength, thus ending the war. The result had ended with the king and his followers being banished to a different realm. However, his sister and beloved could not follow them.

In the realm the King was banished, The King met a Prince, who saved his sister, but as for his beloved—she was lost. No one, not even the Prince's powerful follower could find her anywhere. So, the King believed she was dead.

Many years have passed and the King never forgot about his beloved and not once had he ever allowed himself to open his heart to anyone else. Needless to say, the King's love remained frozen. His heart unable to feel the romantic feeling it once had.

Until one day, when the King who long believed his beloved was no longer in the world had changed. The Prince had found his beloved and kept her safe, but despite her return, her memories remained lost.

Though, the King did not care, because even if her memories were gone, she was still his beloved. He was patient and as time passed, her memories returned.

"Ahh, Uncle Mammon! You can't just end the story there!" The young child whined, waving her hands around as she bounced around in his arms.

"Look," Mammon closed his eyes," That's all I can say, kid. The story is still ongoing"

"What?! But I want to know what the King and his beloved did after she regained her memories!"

Mammon lifted his niece and turned her to face him," If you want to know so badly, why don't ya ask your father? He'd be able to tell you more"

"Why would Father know?" The child's eyes narrowed in confusion," Does he know the King?"

Mammon grinned," Oh he knows the King, more than anyone"

"Really?!" The child beamed and before Mammon could react, his niece jumped out of his arms and ran out of the living room. All that can be heard is her shouting 'Father!!' over and over.

The timing was perfect because Lucifer and Alicea were both walking into the house, after finishing lunch with Diavolo.

"Mother! Father!!" The child smiled," Welcome home!"

Alicea opened her arms and lifted her daughter," Thank you for welcoming us, Lucile, my dearest" Lucifer hummed and kissed her forehead, before removing his overcoat.

"Father, did you know the King?" Lucile remained in her mother's arms but her attention focused on her father.

"The King?" Lucifer furrowed his brows, trying to put together her sudden question. Alicea also shared the same confusion, not understanding what she was getting at.

Lucile waited for a moment before she started to repeat the story Mammon told her. When she did, missing a few things not being able to explain it word for word, since she's only heard the story once, her parents both chuckled.

"Well, Lucile," Lucifer carefully took his daughter into his arms, lifting her to look at him," The King and his beloved both had a beautiful daughter"

"Wow really?!? and what else?" Lucile wiggled in excitement," Did she have any siblings or — umm... if her father is the King is she a princess??" Her questions strayed on to multiple questions, leaving her parents to share a look.

Alicea smiled as one of her hands made it to her stomach. She rubbed it gently and giggled as Lucifer balanced Lucile on one arm and placed his free hand on her stomach as well," She definitely is a princess and she will soon have a sibling."

Lucile lifted her hands and cheered unaware of the way her parents both rubbed her mother's stomach. The parents didn't tell their daughter that the story was based on their own or not yet at least. For now, they were going to just continue with the story, until probably Lucile figures it out herself.

Once their daughter had left her parents, to go and find one of her other uncles or aunts—Alicea and Lucifer both turned to each other.

"The King and his beloved both lived happily ever after," Alicea cheekily said.

"I would rather you said, forever" Lucifer smirked

"Yes, well why don't we change the old saying," Alicea said sarcastically as she shook her head," But I do prefer it being forever as well."

"I am glad we both agree," Lucifer leaned forward and kissed Alicea's eyelids before moving onto her lips," Now, shall we tell the family the good news?"

"Hmm?" Alicea placed her arms on his shoulder and tilted her head," That can wait for a while, I want some alone time with my King"

"Your wish shall be granted, my beloved" Lucifer reconnected their lips.