CHAPTER TWO

(chapter ii)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

            Alicea shifted uncomfortably as she was sat before both of the males before her. She found the situation unsettling, making her want to emerge into the ground.

She was already at her wits end with the fact that she felt gross from her dried up sweat. From the passing mirror, she nearly gagged at the sight of her appearance. She quite honestly did not care if she looked horrid, but rather, she just found it distasteful to the uncivilized feeling she was currently in.

Though, she knew her appearance was the last she needed on her mind because she was in a situation that no one could properly comprehend as normal.

Her mind only contained information about who she was—but there was largely a huge gap between them considering that anyone that she might have known was gone from her memories.

At the rate she was in, she felt like nothing but a hollow host for a person named Alicea.

With most of her common knowledge of normal, the words exchanged from the males—no, demons, before her, she was neutral to the reveal.

She continued to tell herself, maybe she was from this realm and had some freak accident that led to her current situation—however, she was just good as the next stranger in the streets with having no idea of what her own situation was.

            "Devildom," Alicea raised her head, taking a breath," Demon's," She said blankly pointing to them discreetly," And what about me?"

Diavolo's face tightened as he shared a look at Barbatos, which showed he wanted the same answer.

            "I don't believe we can answer that," Barbatos said

            Alicea sighed," What do you mean? Are you not allowed to or something? Isn't he the Master?"

Barbatos felt a vein pop on his temple at her tone. He never took anyone disrespecting his master lightly, however, for the sake of the circumstances, he bit his tongue from scolding her.

            Diavolo laughed," Well, Alicea, it's not that we aren't allowed, it's just that your situation is very complicated. You are at a blank state"

            "A blank—what are the other possibilities?"

            Barbatos hummed and placed a hand on his chin," Well, at the moment, neither of us can tell if you are a Demon, Angel or Human"

Alicea raised a hand to scratch her scalp. She was practically jumbled with a lot of questions forming, though, she had no idea which one to ask first.

Did she have the liberty to ask? And what exactly makes her situation very complicated?

She opened her lips about to ask the question, however, something just told her that they wouldn't tell her. It was clear enough with how careful they spoke to her.

Either her situation was not something they could speak about—or they probably wanted her to figure it out herself.

She had no idea, so she chose to cut off her wanting need for curiosity and let things go with the flow.

            "It's obvious that you two know something, but I take it that you both have decided upon not telling me. It bothers me very much, but answers are something that even I am not sure if I am ready to take all in. I, do, however, have one question that I want the answer to" Alicea locked her eyes on Diavolo saying.

            "Sure," He said solemnly

            "Considering my lack of memories, I'd at least want to know where we stand. Are we allies or are we enemies?" She said bluntly

Diavolo smiled firmly and kept his eyes locked on her own.

            "The only enemies I have are those who want to destroy my dream to connect all realms"

Alicea nodded and took his words as an answer.