CHAPTER TWELVE

(chapter xii)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

Lucifer snd Diavolo shared a glance before turning their attention back to Alicea. Both of them were sharing the same concern of how to approach the situation.

For as long as they been aware, Alicea had been dead. So, when she suddenly turned up Devildom, it was a mystery.

            Alicea peered at each male, her eyes first locking with the young Prince," You know more than you put out there, Lord Diavolo..." She voiced closing her eyes," And I always told myself to be patient and not question it, because you took me in, gave me a bed and food to eat. However, I think I've overstayed my welcome"

            The young Prince chuckled," I would disagree with your last statement, but I have no way of convincing you otherwise" He then turned to look at glanced at Lucifer," I am not the one that can make you choose where you want to find answers"

Alicea felt her cheeks burn as she grew flustered. Lucifer's burning stare was affecting her in ways that she had no way of escaping. Her heart—her mind—her dreams—they all led to him.

            "What are you suggesting, Lord Diavolo?" Lucifer questioned

           "Well, that she'd spend some time with you and your brothers. Perhaps her memories will return"

            "And if they don't?"

Alicea huffed as she crossed her arms at the males talking to each other. She was slightly offended that she was yet again ejected from the conversation that she had every right to be apart of.

            "Excuse me, But again—Shouldn't I have some say in this? As it does concern me, I feel as if I should speak for myself" Alicea's gaze sharpened," Wouldn't you both agree?"

As Alicea's words left her lips—it was as if it had the power to render the young Prince and Lucifer speechless. Their throats almost felt compressed and the air refused to flow through. It was not a power, but the strength of her voice stunned them.

             "Yes," Both males somehow managed to say, as Alicea nodded her head in acceptance.

             "Great, so about my situation, I would be grateful if I was given more freedom to allow myself to adjust" Alicea explained," I know I wasn't imprisoned and I was given freedom, but I think it's time for me to get out there without needing so many guardians"

            "But that—" Lucifer held his tongue from throwing his overprotectiveness towards her, but then remembered she did not need that. She was vulnerable in current state, yes, but even without her memories—Alicea had already shown her own strength.

The power of her voice can render demons into submission.

             "What do you have in mind?" Lord Diavolo inquired

             "I get a job and my own place to stay"

            "That..." Lucifer sighed before speaking his mind," Is not a bad idea, however, before you can find your own place, I think it would be best if you'd stayed at my home for the time being"

            Alicea's eyes widened at the suggestion," I could—Mr. Lucifer—

            "Lucifer is just fine"

           "L-Lucifer, I couldn't ask that of you..."

           "I can guarantee you that my brothers and even the exchange student from the human world would not be against it. If anything, it would be nice to have another fresh face within the residence"

            Alicea chuckled," You really do keep things in a sense of pride, Lucifer. It's admirable" Lucifer nearly expressed his shock. He couldn't help but feel emotional because those exact words had been what she said to him when they first met back when Lilith introduced him to her.

He was hardly approachable like his brothers because of his closeness with Michael—so when Alicea had decided to break those odds—he would have never thought that the wild, easygoing and young angel would have turned out to be the love of his life.