CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

(chapter xviii)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

It started out as a typical day in heaven. Not a single animal or Angel insight could even predict the rebellion that'd take place. Only a selective few had known and that few would always remember the peaceful days as nothing but a distant dream. From their standpoint of view, it was something that couldn't be avoided, no matter how much they wished for it to be.

Alicea was among some of the few that had found out about Lilith's plan. However, unlike the other Angel's that had been ready to help her, Alicea couldn't put her selfish desires towards helping. None of them had been hateful towards her for not helping, because they all knew of how much Alicea worked hard for what she gained. From all the pain and all the sacrifices, she had dealt with to obtain her happiness. But she couldn't leave her friends alone and so, she had decided to help them, even if she had to go behind Lucifer's back.

Later, when Lucifer had found out the truth, he didn't have a chance to feel betrayed, because his wife among a few others who were important to his brother's had been also been set to be obliterated for aiding Lilith. When saving them, that was when the rebellion had begun.

It left Lucifer trying to protect his wife and hide her from danger, but it was useless because, regardless of many discussions on Alicea not being part of the war, it was good as nothing to tell her to not get involved. So, throwing aside everything, Alicea stood by her husband and thus had been the start of The Great Celestial war.

Anyone would have been a fool, to think that Alicea wouldn't rage and defend, because of her out appearance. However, she was just as ruthless and brutal when it came to protecting those whom she cared for. The bloodshed was endless and the war seemed to go on without any signs of ending.

It continued and lots of Angel's lives had been lost.

One battle, that no one had predicted to be the last had finally happened. Lucifer and Alicea were side-by-side as they faced his father. His wife left injured in the fight and not far from their deadly battle, Beel was left with a decision. He had to choose to save Belphie or Lilith.

Once the sixth-born had made his decision, Lilith had been mortally wounded. Lucifer was left to watching his wife holding her injured wings and cradling the dying Lilith in one arm. His father had turned to the defenceless woman and prepared to attack.

Lucifer's powers had grown from the rage, leaving those around him to be pushed back from his powerful force.

            "You'd go as far as to even destroy Heaven, are you mad?!"

            "I will protect Lilith and Alicea! If I must destroy everything to protect them, I will"

            "Foolish! You'd even defy the orderly balance. Those women have broken the sacred law!?!"

            "I don't care about the balance—I don't care what they have chosen to have done, I will bring chaos to you and anyone in the heavens that try to get in my way!"

            "Even if it was your brothers?!"

            "I have made my decision, with or without anyone. If they choose to follow, I will allow if and if they choose not to, then that would be their own choice. This war is to protect those important to me, even if I have to fall, it is not for me to go on an endless lethal path. It would only be an option of slaughter if it comes down to it"

            "You have chosen to fall and sacrifice it all together"

            "No, father, I chose to protect those I love, something that you chose not to do for Lilith"

The two clashed and kept on going for a long time. The balance of the worlds had started to waver, due to the rage in the war. When a blast had been sent towards the direction of his wife and sister—Lucifer had stepped in to take the blow, leaving him unable to fight with the same strength he once had. He was on the losing end and he knew it, even if his brothers came to aid him, none of them were strong enough to win.

So, once they all gathered the last of their strength, they all had fallen to their father's feet. Unable to kill his sons, despite the mess they caused, he chose to give them a punishment that'd they live with forever. Never forgetting the lives taken and the lives lost being on their side. Death was the easy way out, so instead, he chose to banish them all.

However, Lucifer's punishment began when his father had taken Alicea and sent her into a void of infinite darkness. Until he was satisfied with the punishment, he thought Lucifer would deserve, he'd send her back, without memories of her life before. Though despite that being his intention—because of Lucifer's declaration, he was a fool to think that he'd be strong enough to tear apart something as powerful as the love shared between not only them but everyone.

            "No, father, I chose to protect those I love, something that you chose not to do for Lilith"

When he had learned of Lilith's reincarnation as a human, he had realized, maybe that this was his punishment. The borrowed time that his daughter had was all she needed to show that nothing could steal from her happiness and even if she was only to live a short time compared to their immortal one, she'd live every second more than she had when she was an Angel. It was all something he had to continue to remember and the one thing that'd never leave his memory, was the excitement when his one and only daughter came into existence.

Banishing his sons had left him to watch them all gain their happiness. Whether it was something they lost over the war or something that they gained later on. It was all left for their father to watch it take place.

It was all because him deciding to not have any mercy, Lilith, in the first place.