CHAPTER SIXTEEN

(chapter xvi)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

            Lucifer's brothers didn't know if they were going to be sick or die from the way their usual prideful brother was softened for the past few weeks since Alicea woke up and regained her memories.

It first began with Lucifer smiling. Which was already the start of things changing in the house of lamentation, because even some of the gargoyles and other animated statues around had been "less intimidating" thanks to Lucifer's suddenly good mood. Since most of them were created by him to protect places that he didn't want his brothers lurking, had followed in pursuit of his current mood change.

However, regardless of his mood—the one that they were sick of was his doting on Alicea. Whenever he wasn't around, he'd ask one of them to watch over her—even if she didn't need it. None of them hated the idea, since they all liked her to begin with, but they still had their own things they wanted to do.

Leviathan always felt awkward when it was his turn because Alicea was just not technologically literate, so he couldn't play games with her to pass time and Since all of his books had been e-books, it was even another setback.

Asmodeus was easily the toughest for Alicea to be around because the male was often trying to doll her up or playfully flirting with her. Though there had never been a dull moment, it was still hard when Asmodeus craved to indulge in his desires. So, because of that, usually, Asmodeus was the last on Lucifer's list to leave her with.

Belphie and Beel usually watched over her together. It was probably one of the easier times for Alicea, despite Belphie usually just sleeping and Beel just offering her food all the time. However, the twins had a problem with remembering their duty in the first place and Lucifer made it a reminder to also not ask them.

Satan was the second of the brothers that Lucifer would easily ask because Alicea and he got along amazingly. They both enjoyed the same books and even adored cats. There was nothing about them spending time together that was an issue—except for Lucifer getting envious.

Which led to the first person Lucifer always asked, much to anyone's surprise. Mammon. Despite them always clashing heads—Mammon protected Alicea just as Lucifer wanted. It was often amusing to see how Mammon would guard her.

First, before entering or leaving rooms— he'd go in first and looking around. Alicea always found it amusing, despite it happening at every door within the large home. Then it followed over to tasting her food—even if it was something he made. However, in public—it was the time Alicea didn't want him to be with her. It was because of how much she knew Mammon was holding back. Whenever they passed things that caught his eyes, she had to watch him turn away and continue to protect her.

The last she wanted—was any of them to not do what they want and that was what led to the current situation. Alicea standing in Lucifer's office with her arms crossed and her face frowning. When he had returned home, finding her alone—but also in his office, he had already known he was in for a scolding.

It was similar to back in heaven when Alicea was often led to having and scold her overbearing husband. His head was always in the right place, but his overprotectiveness usually went overboard.

Lucifer was similar to a swan—he's only fell in love once and only will his entire life. He was blessed with Alicea and so he often didn't know when he was doing too much.

            "Lucifer, we need to talk," Alicea hummed. Her smile not reaching her eyes. Following his wife's eyes, he went and sat on the couch nearest to him. From anyone outside of the situation, it would look as if Alicea was scolding her dog.

Lucifer's lectures could last for hours or the longest a day—but Alicea, even if it was nowhere near the length his own could go for, her lectures could reshape your entire mind. Especially if it was misfitted actions, you'd wish you never done whay you did. Most of his brothers have experienced it and that included him—one example was whenever he got jealous when other angel's talked to her.

It often led to Alicea giving him the silent treatment or be overbearingly strict. Which were no affections until she said the punishment was over. One punishment even went to as far as not speaking with him for 30 years. Which was nothing to their immortal life, but it still been one of the hardest for Lucifer.

She was truthfully an equal to Lucifer on many occasions.