CHAPTER EIGHT

(chapter viii)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

            The tension from Alicea's shoulder's subsided as she let out a long-awaited sigh. She was annoyed to say the least, because not only has she been alone without the familiars, but she noticed that with their absence, she did not have a single glimpse of her memories.

Her expression relaxed slightly, as she pushed aside her irritation. She knew it was not going to be easy getting them back and she needed to be patient.

            "Forgive me, Alicea, the Little D's will be busy the next couple of weeks. There had been a stir with some demons that they need to help strengthen the soul of our exchange student." Diavolo's voice drifted through her subconscious.

Alicea had smiled and waved it off in understanding, yet, she knew that Envy's eyes lingered on her when she acted as if it wouldn't bother her.

As time ticked closer to the next few hours of the day, she finally got up from her bed and let herself stop self-pitying her situation. She walked over to the door and placed her palm on the door-knob.

            "Normally I wouldn't say you need to stay in, but unless someone is with you, please consider the dangers of going out. I would place a rule, however, I don't want to come off as someone that confines you"

Alicea bit her lip and second-guessed her decision, she released her hold on the knob and dragged her hand across the wooden door with a sigh. After a few seconds of standing in place, she leaned her head on the door and slid down to the floor.

            She bent her knees, hugging them to her upper body, "It's pointless to go out there blindly, I can't cause trouble for anyone"

She remained in the same position for a couple of more minutes before getting up and walking over to the bookshelf in the corner of the room.

However, as she was walking towards the part of the room-the moonlight from outside the window shone into the open balcony door and as it did the flash of the shine had pulled Alicea into a trance.

            "I will love you, now and forever, darling. You fall and I will fall with you, so do not worry about me. I will join you to save her because she is just as important to me as she is with you"

The male from her memories prior had yet again been before her, however, this time-she saw his face. Her eyes locked onto the wings on his back that was slowly forming from the beautiful white to a hypnotizing deep black.

            "Darling," The words left her own lips as she reached for his wings, but when she did, she saw from the corner of her own eyes and saw that just like him, she had wings that were changing the same hue as his own.

            "Now and Forever, Lucifer, I promise you"

            The male, who had now a name with his face smiled lovingly at her," Yes, Now and Forever, you have my endless vow"

Alicea held her head as she felt the pain take her out of her memory. Her body burned and her upper back felt as if it was ripping about.

The pain was excruciating and she fell to her knees as she saw herself slowly being surrounded by white feathers that were gradually transitioning to black.