CHAPTER FIVE

(chapter v)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

            A cold breeze tousled Alicea's hair. She rested against the stone balustrade of the balcony connected to her bedroom, looking down submissively at the busy streets of Devildom. A breath escaped her lips as she watched the many residences of the realm going at their days like normal.

At her unknown state-being any of the three species, she felt scared.

            A blubbing laugh filled the left of her ear, making her turn to see Envy sitting on the balustrade," It's fun when you are envious,"

            "How is it fun for you?" Alicea asked blankly making it laugh

            "Because, it just means that you are normal. You know, when Diavolo assigned us to watch over you, I thought we were stuck with someone who had no desires or emotions. You just seemed so empty and I wanted nothing to do with you, however, as the days came you started to show them without restraint"

Alicea tilted her head and shifted her body so that her back was now leaning. She peering into her room to the other familiars.

Gluttony and Sloth both connected to a hip as usual. Wrath by itself in the corner reading. Lust was near a mirror dancing. Pride was as usual, keeping them in check and its current victim was Greed who apparently from the sound of it tried to take something-again.

The female brought a hand to her chest and clenched her outfit in her hand. Her nose scrunched mildly as she felt a phantom squeeze to her heart. Her vision suddenly went black as a sound of a bell filled her ears.

            "Dear, I know he means well" Alicea blinked rapidly seeing herself sitting at a table with a string that was connected to a bell.

She furrowed her brows seeing the bell being gently touched with the tips of her fingers.

A heavy sigh filled her ears from behind making Alicea turn away from herself and shift her gaze to the back of her.

Her eyes gazed softly at the broad back of a male; the hair was something she recognized from her previous dreams.

She let out a breath and tried to walk over, but her feet refused to move.

             "I know he does, but he needs to be scolded sometimes or else he'll know I care"

Alicea's vision turned hazy when the male turned to her direction. She was yet again unable to make out his face and before she knew it her vision went black again.

            "Alicea!" The voice of Pride made her eyes snap open and as she did, she was met with the worried eyes of all the familiars. She furrowed her brows seeing that she was laying in her bed with a wet cloth on her head.

            "What...happened?" She asked trying to get up, however, a hand stopped her. She turned to see the owner of the hand that halted her, Barbatos.

            "You gave these guys a little scare. I was just returning to the Castle and was nearly tackled by all of them saying that you suddenly screamed and fell to the floor"

Alicea shared a look to each of the familiars and let out a breath and she lifted her arms gathering them in an embrace.

            "I am so sorry for scaring you guys," She whispered softly