CHAPTER NINE

(chapter ix)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

Alicea's scream had got the attention of some of Diavolo's servants that were on the same floor as her bedroom. Since there was a barrier preventing them from going into her room without authorization from Barbatos or Diavolo, they had no choice but to search for Barbatos or the Prince.

Meanwhile, within the bedroom-Alicea was curled up in a ball as her darkened wings hugged her. Her memories were all jumbled up, but she did understand that she was definitely a Fallen Angel.

The male, Lucifer-was or is-her lover, but beyond that, all she knew was that there was still a lot more she needed to figure out. Such as why she was alone in the woods with no memories.

The more she tried to think about it, the tighter she curled up and felt her head throb in immense pain. Her head felt as if it was literally splitting into two and it was enough for her to shed tears endlessly.

Her throat felt raw from the whimpering and screams that escaped her lips. However, regardless of the pain, Alicea dug into her head and searched helplessly for answers.

She did not want to stop here, no-She wanted to find to keep trying.

"Don't force yourself," A warm pair of arms wrapped around her shoulders, as she was lifted from the floor.

She slowly opened her eyes and turned to a frowning Diavolo and she looked at him in desperation," I can do it" She mumbled through her broken breaths

"There is no point forcing it, Alicea-He wouldn't want this for you," Diavolo said softly keeping his hold on her.

She let out a breath and leaned powerlessly on his chest. She felt the whimpers escape her lips and she closed her eyes," Is he...Lucifer?" Diavolo's muscles tensed, giving the answer without words.

Alicea had no strength to ask anymore and let herself fall unconscious. Her body slowly engulfed in the light as her wings slowly disappeared.

"What do we do now?" Barbatos slowly appeared at the balcony," Lucifer and the others must have felt that shift in the wind, they might be heading here as we know it"

"That is true, but we still have that other incident that you recalled occurring in a few hours. What is currently the situation?"

Barbatos sighed," The witches already came through, right this moment they are pursuing in finding the girl. As to exactly when it happens, I cannot confirm the exact estimation of the pandemonium to occur."

"That is good enough of an answer I was expecting" Diavolo nodded and turned down to the unconscious female in his arms. He tightened his jaw as he lifted her into his arms and carefully adjusted her," I'll place her in my quarters for now, can you strengthen the barriers on all possible entrances?"

Barbatos nodded and bowed before slowly disappearing in a black mist.

"Lucifer is going to have my head, but for now," Diavolo walked out of her bedroom," It's best if you got your memories in a different order, forgive me, Alicea" He mumbled placing his hand on her forehead.