CHAPTER NINETEEN

(chapter xix)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

Departing with Lilith's descendant was a lot harder than anyone could imagine. Since they were human it was inevitable for them to stay in Devildom longer than they could. In fact, both of the human exchange students had exceeded their stay and it was time for them to return home.

Despite them both withholding powers and being capable of holding contracts with powerful demons, they still had borrowed time. No matter how much anyone wanted to avoid the unavoidable, they aged and they'd eventually die. To demons and Angels, the short time humans had was nothing to them, so it was easier to let go over hanging onto something that'd never can be changed.

Alicea didn't have a chance to know them as the brothers, so she didn't have a hard time as they did. Despite the human being a descendant of her once good friend, Alicea was not the same when it came to wistfulness, because for her, she always kept her mind to the past and never compared it to the present.

If a friend was reincarnated or if they were descended from a line—her emotions never followed towards the person. It was probably different for the boys since this was their sister—but Alicea couldn't do the same.

Lilith was Lilith—not the human. No matter how much one could argue over it. Still, the sentiment of who they were had been bittersweet, but it was what Lilith wanted for a long time.

            "You'd want to be a human?" Alicea tilted her head, as Lilith confessed something she had never told anyone.

Simeon's sister, Simona also shared the same look of confusion. It was surely an odd thing to desire.

            Simona hummed," But humans live for such a short time, Lil...would you want that?"

            Lilith smiled and continued to do so," It is true, humans live for a short time, but their legacy continues," She looked down," Well it's not always like that, but if I was a human...I'd have children and then they'd have children and so, despite living for only a short time, I'd still exist"

Alicea pursed her lips. Thinking about her friends' words. It was almost convincing to her that humans might have better lives than Angels and Demons, because of their short life.

Since they were not given immortality, humans lived their lives all in a short time. To demons and Angels, most of them experience only half of what humans had probably done.

One prime example was falling in love. A human can experience all amounts of love in a short period while an Angel or Demon have so much time in their hands that sometimes, they prolong the inevitable.

Alicea and Lucifer had been one of those. At first, when the two were introduced by Lilith—they couldn't stand each other.