CHAPTER THREE

(chapter iii)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

Alicea had become a temporary resident at the Demon Castle. However, despite living in the large home, she had not interacted with Diavolo or Barbatos once.

The last exchange they had was when they said she could live at the home, but after that, her only company was Diavolo's demon familiars, known as the Little D's.

There was seven of them, each with strong traits that she learned belonged to a deadly sin.

She mostly got along with Little D. of Pride and Wrath. The one she had the least interaction was Greed, Lust and Envy since they tended to cause her to have raging headaches. So, she usually avoided being around them.

Though at the end of the day, they were the ones that kept her sanity in check. They protected her whenever she left the castle and they always answered the questions she asked-which was nothing that gave the insight of her past, it was mostly just things about Devildom.

She did get some messages from Diavolo and Barbatos, but it was all through the Little D's. At first, she found it odd, but she chose to wait it out.

The one thing she had noticed whenever she left the Castle, her presence was almost invisible to most beings. The only time she was seen was when she needed to pay for something or if she needed to interact with someone to get answers.

She did question the familiars and they just tended to vaguely answer her with the same words of 'It's just for your protection'

Alicea had found it very troubling at times, but she felt that doing things rationally would not help her situation. She needed to slowly unravel through cautious steps.

"Hey, Pride" Alicea voiced peering up from a book she was reading. On her lap, had been the Little D of Pride that was just resting.

She couldn't explain it, but whenever the Pride familiar was around her, she felt calm. She felt the safest with it.

"Hmm?" It asked turning to face her

"Well, with some books I have been reading, you little fellas represent part of the Seven deadly sins..."

"Yes, that is correct"

"Well, are there actually people who represent them?"

The familiar hummed and shifted its gaze away from her. It did not answer her. Alicea took it as a sign not to ask further.

She placed a hand on its head and rubbed it.

"Do you think we should have our afternoon tea?" She changed the topic, much to the familiar's relief.

"Yes, that would be a wise choice"

Alicea chuckled carefully placing the Little D on the floor," Well, why don't we gather the other's and try out that new tea flavour we got the other day? The more the merrier, right?"