CHAPTER ONE

(chapter i)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

Alicea whimpered as she walked along with the darkness before her. She had no memory of anything except for her own name.

Barely an hour before, she found herself just standing in a dark forest and chose a direction and started walking.

The thought of the dangers within the forest never crossed her mind. Just her instinct to find a way out of the place.

When she did make it out, she was met with a vast city before her-however, what she noticed was that she knew that the entire time she was walking in the forest, the sky should have changed the cycle.

"Where am I?" She whispered staring at the dark night above as she displayed her weak composure.

"You have finally arrived, Alicea," A voice ran from directly behind her, which made a shriek escape her lips.

"I apologize for startling you; I am Barbatos, I have been waiting for your arrival to Devildom."

Alicea stood frigid, narrowing her eyes in suspicion. She knew she had no reason to trust anything from the male before her, however, she did question if she even had the liberty to act on her own.

The male was a rather handsome gentleman. His dark green short hair had a unique feature with the tips of it being turquoise ombre. However, just like the world surrounding her, she knew he was not just some average human, in fact, he screamed dark and mysterious.

She was clueless, she was lost, she was weak and she had no memories whatsoever, except for her own name.

It made no sense; her body showed no sign of any injuries afflicted and her head had no remnants of any trauma.

In fact, she felt perfectly fine except for her protuberant fatigue. However, it was just a common reaction for a body that obviously required the needs.

Alicea took in a deep gulp of air as she felt her hands quiver. Her body was screaming at her to stop fighting the resistance and admit defeat. She was physically and mentally weak that it was causing her own body to betray all common sense.

She brought one of her hands to her forehead as a stinging sensation started to throb within her own skull. Sweat dripped from her brow causing her to furrow her brows deeply.

"It would seem you are about to faint from overtiredness," Barbatos said with genuine concern and putting his hand out for her to reach.

Alicea felt her hands shake as she cursed to her idiocy as she reached out to him. However, before her hand could reach his own, her vision turned obscure as she lost balance in her footing.

The last she saw before she fell unconscious was Barbatos catching her.

While she was in a deep slumber, Alicea started to dream.

It was bright white and there was a man before her holding his hands out to her. She couldn't make out his face except for a beautiful smile and a stunning pair of white wings attached to his back.

Something told her that this was a memory deep within her mind that remained unfathomable and out of reach.

"Wait, don't go," She voiced reaching out to the man before her, however, each step she took, the further the figure had gone.

A trail of tears fell down her face as she started to run and scream for the person.

"Please, don't go!!" She screamed and in a jolt of realization, she had woken up in reality. Alicea let out raspy breaths as she felt her body drenched in sweat and her face stained with tears.

She looked around gaining her vision back and all that could be heard was the deafening sounds of her unstable breathing.

"You finally have awoken," Alicea nearly jumped out of her skin in fright at the sudden appearance of two males at the end of the bed she was slumbering in.

Barbatos was the one who had spoken. While the male next to him had a hand on his chin with a smile.

"I am so glad to see you finally awake, Alicea, I am Diavolo," The other male voiced making her narrow her gaze.

He was much taller than Barbatos, but instead of dark and mysterious--he gave off a welcoming and balanced aura.

"I need answers," Alicea said execrably with a feeble tone," Who are you and why do you both call me with familiarity?"