CHAPTER ELEVEN

(chapter xi)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

            Alicea's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as her name left the lips of a rather tall and handsome male that stood out to her among the others.

She took a few moments to try and wrack her memory of the male, pondering if she had met him before. However, it was useless—her mind was so hazy and something just felt odd about it.

Something inside was practically raising red flags—it was almost warning her that something did happen. Her memories that returned for a short moment was once again compressed behind a wall. Though the wall was invisible and she was unaware of its existence.

She felt a certain heaviness weighing her head, but she couldn't place any answer onto it.

            Alicea elegantly clasped her palms together and lowered her head," I apologize...sir...I do not recognize you"

You see I am sort of in a complicated situation.—was what she voiced through her thoughts—not sure if it was appropriate to say blindly. For all she knew was that the man before her was dangerous—However, Alicea quickly rejected that thought unconsciously.

Lucifer's jaw tightened as he used all he could from running to her—or from completely losing his composure. He knew, regardless of the situation and words that she was his beloved.

There was no mistaking it.

Lucifer's gaze slowly turned to Diavolo who kept a straight face—wanting to defy the oddness of the situation that already deemed strange enough.

His wife. Alicea.

She was alive and it did not take a moment to put the pieces together from her body language that she was comfortable in the castle.

She had most likely been here for a while and Lucifer was able to understand it without overthinking anything.

"I guess, as what a human would say—the cat is out of the bag?" The young prince chuckled joyfully as he placed his hands on his hip.

Lucifer was not sure if he was angry, annoyed or genuinely shocked—but then he remembered who Diavolo is. It was his damn personality that always left him in those three emotions daily.

In the end, however, Diavolo was eternally the person he'd stay loyal to, especially after he had done for his younger sister.

The Prince had done many things that caused Lucifer great stress, but in the end, he had proven to usually give a reason for his actions.

            "Lord—

            "It will not be a reunion you hope for, Lucifer" Diavolo voice in a serious tone as he faced him," I'll discuss it more when it's just us, but for now, understand that I was just as shocked as you probably are. She is her, without a doubt"

            Lucifer nodded firmly," I know, there is no way I can mistake it." his voice strong and blunt as he hesitated to glance at Alicea.

The female was awkwardly standing in place as she rubbed her arm in discomfort. She knew they were speaking about her, but the distance between them it was only heard as soft mumbles.

            "You should go with him," Alicea jumped in fright as she craned her head to the side. Standing—or well hovering, next to her was one of the princes familiar's, which so happened to have been Pride.

            "P-Pride?..." Alicea whispered

           "My brothers are going pretty fanatic at your sudden disappearance..." The familiar stated strongly," But your loud thoughts calmed us...however, your current one is screaming. You know this fallen angel and the only way we see you happy is if you figure out why your heart yearns like so."

            Alicea blushed," My heart...yearns?"

           "Quite loudly and while the idea of handing you off to a demon is not ideal...Even I trust the lords most loyal friend"

Alicea chewed on her lower lip before taking a deep breath. She glanced one last time at Pride and placed a soft kiss on its head. Once she had whispered her thanks, she turned and walked towards the Prince and Lucifer.

            "Excuse me..."

The two tall males both stopped their hushed discussion as the soft meek voice of Alicea reached their ears.

            "I would appreciate if I am included in this discussion, considering that it happens to be about me"

Lucifer fought the smirk on his lips as he couldn't deny the proudness he felt for his wife. However, he knew to avoid it—not wanting to show anyone of his softness he had for her because at this current state—as far as he was aware, he was a stranger to her.