CHAPTER TEN

(chapter x)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

Alicea opened her eyes with her vision and mind both disoriented.

The pain no longer lingered, but something felt hollow within her head. Though, when she dragged out of her own self worries, she took in a moment to look around the unfamiliar room she was currently in.

Her heart tightened as she felt a fear form. The thing was that the last few hours prior had been wiped from her mind and she remembered speaking with Barbatos last when he escorted her back to her room after Diavolo gave her the news about the Little D's.

Her brows furrowed at the thoughts she had when waking up.

"Pain?" She asked rubbing her arms," Why was I even...thinking about a pain?" She asked herself.

She got out of the bed while cautiously looking around and hugged herself tightly.

Her back felt tender and she reached for it and felt a raw feeling and she furrowed her brows knowing that she was certainly missing something.

However, she chose to focus on her current situation, considering she was in an unacquainted chamber.

Alicea bit her lips and started to walk over to the door wrapping her hand around the knob, she turned it and let out a breath at the fact it was not locked.

She felt a phantom pulse within her head-one that felt like déjà vu, but she brushed it aside.

She let out a sigh of relief to see the familiar halls of the Castle and she walked down barefooted ignoring the cold touch that ran up her body. All she cared about was finding anyone in the castle to give her some insight into why she was in a different bedroom.

It took a few minutes of walking and taking random turns, did she realize that she was walking in circles.

"Sometimes the halls are under a spell to make you walk endlessly," Barbatos' voice emerged in her mind from the first day she became a resident within the castle.

"What do you mean sometimes? Is it random?" Alicea asked making the demon chuckled.

He shook his head," Only when I want it to happen, it's normally when we have intruders or if there is a stir that requires the safety of anyone within the Demon Castle"

"How does one get out of it?"

"You have to let your body take control and make your mind know the destination. Normally intruders do not have that same self-control and get stuck in the loop" Barbatos pointed to his temple," Just try to think of a destination,"

Alicea pursed her lips, "Isn't there a chance that the intruders would catch on?"

"No, the one other thing about the loop is that if you have ill intentions, it will overpower your common senses and make you grow frustrated and fall deeper within the spiral"

Alicea sighed clearing her mind and placed her hand on a wall near her. She closed her eyes and focused on a destination.

The next turn she took was different and she kept repeating the thoughts and clearing of her mind-and before she knew it, she was before the large doors that led to the grand hall. She cheered silently and raised her fist slightly in the air in victory.

Alicea reached for the door and as it slowly opened and creaked-She heard the sounds of multiple roaring concerned voices. She thought about retreating, but something within her mind told her to keep going forward-so she did.

However, when the door opened enough to reveal herself, she saw a large group of males and females she had never seen before.

"I am saying it wasn't my fault!" One female shouted amongst them.

Barbatos who had a hand on his face from the noise turned feeling Alicea's presence. His eyes widened, making Diavolo who was near him notice.

The Prince turned, which caused a chain reaction to Lucifer who was next to him turn. His eyes widened and he let out a breath loud enough to deafen the uproar that was surrounding them.

"Alicea?"