CHAPTER FOURTEEN

(chapter xvi)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

            When Lucifer arrived at the dining room the next day, he nearly tripped over his own foot seeing the sight before him. He watched Alicea among the table with the twins—and while he knew they wouldn't harm her; the idea was that he did warn her.

"Demons are not to be trusted so easily, Alicea. do keep that in mind"

He wondered if she was either testing his patience or if he didn't warn her enough.

As he slowly walked into the room, not announcing his arrival—Alicea glanced up and smiled at Lucifer," Glad you are awake! I helped make breakfast with Belphie and Beel!"

"Belphie...Beel?!" Lucifer thought hurriedly at the nicknames that the twins went by daily, "Alicea, may I have a word?"

Alicea blinked and peered at the twins. Both of them sharing a shrug at why she was being called over. However, neither had questioned and watched her get up from her place between them.

He watched her walk over and with her hands clasped in front," What did you need to speak to me about?"

Lucifer folded his arms," Did you not listen to my warning?"

Alicea hummed," I did, but it did not mean I was going to listen" She stated with and shrug. She then peered over to the twins who were talking to each other," But, I'll be careful with demons that are not your brothers"

"That is not..." Lucifer sighed in defeat as he ran a hand through his hair," Fine...but don't come to me if one of my brothers end up—

"Don't say that" Alicea unknowingly cut him off sternly," Your brothers will not harm me" He blinked at her interruption and assertion. It took a moment for Alicea to realize her own tone as her eyes widened. She quickly shot Lucifer an apologetic look.

However, she had not expected a laugh to fill her ears. Lucifer had not tried to hide it, because he was genuinely amused at her curtness. She may have none of her memories, but she was still very much the same person even without them.

"Lucifer laughing must mean the world is ending" He and Alicea turned to the new voice that entered the dining room. Her face was contorted in amusement while Lucifer was wearing a scowl.

"You must be Alicea," the male said with a smile walking over to her with his hand outreached for her to shake it. She shook his hand and returned the same emotion.

"Yes, and you are?"

Lucifer considered interjecting, but kept his will strong as his younger brother wore a face of hidden mockery to him, "Satan,"

"It's lovely to meet you, Satan" Alicea couldn't really place much of a familiar feeling as she did with Beel and Belphie—but there was a hint of it that mimicked Lucifer. She knew the reason, considering that Wrath told her.

Satan was born from Lucifer's wrath—and biologically speaking, he was more of a son than a brother—however, both of them would rather endure torture than ever admitting it—which was mainly Pride's words.

Once gathered at the table, Lucifer's other brothers had soon come one after the other. From Mammon being nearly plummeted by Lucifer for almost calling her 'Lucifer's wife'. Then there was Asmo, who was kept a foot away—after tackling her in a hug.

Levi was not an issue and properly greeted her without messing up—then, when it came to the human exchange student—everything ended up a mess because, before Alicea could properly greet the human, her head throbbed painfully as she saw a ghostly figure of an angel that she couldn't place a name on appearing behind the human.

It happened too fast and no one was prepared for a power imperceptible force that sent all of them flying towards the walls. The table was the only thing that was not sent flying, considering the size and weight—but it was hardly even the issue.

The human was fortunate that Mammon and Beel had protected them from harm. Whereas Lucifer, despite being injured by the shattered plates and glass from the chandelier was already by her side and holding her in his arms.

Her body was cold and her entire body was almost as pale as a ghost. All that was heard from the entire fiasco was Lucifer's voice as he screamed her name in fright. His memories coming back to haunt him as he relived the moment, he lost her all those years ago.

Alicea could hear a faint mumble through her ears that sounded more like a scream of sorrow.

"Not again, I can't lose you again, my love"