CHAPTER FIFTEEN

(chapter xv)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

          The haunting loneliness and pain overwhelmed Alicia's consciousness. Opening her eyes to a dark void wallowed without any idea of what and how to handle the situation was beyond her. She felt suffocated in a sense of insecurity and her throat felt as if something was lodged within it.

Alicea's winced as she slowly stood up and felt a heaviness on her back. It took a moment before she summoned all her strength to lift her tingling arms.

Upon lifting it, her hand brushed onto a soft and silken feeling that made her almost jump in fright. However, her mind settled when she was able to crane her head and see what her hand had come in contact with.

Her eyes would have widened in shock, but something deep inside her thoughts just told her it was not something she was unfamiliar with. Her memories were still completely blocked from answering her incoming questions, but all the words just remained in a silent form.

The ruffling sounds of feathers filled her ears as the blackened right-wing made itself visible into her own sights. Her eyes not removing from the sight, except for the fact that before she was able to take in the sight, she let out a breath seeing the other side grab the attention of the left-wing that didn't show itself as the darkened one had done.

The other pair to her wing had not been the same colour at all but the complete opposite—white. Unknowingly through her disbelief, the moment she tried to reach for the wing that seemed so distant, her head throbbed painfully.

Flashes of memories flooded her head—rushing in and causing each memory to deluge in and take her breathing into an uncomfortable turmoil.

            "I will protect Lilith and Alicea! If I must destroy everything to protect them, I will"

            "Foolish! You'd even defy the orderly balance. Those women have broken the sacred law!!"

            "I don't care about the balance—I don't care what they have chosen to have done, I will bring chaos to you and anyone in the heavens that try to get in my way!"

            "Even if it was your brothers?!"

            "I have made my decision, with or without anyone. If they choose to follow, I will allow if and if they choose not to, then that would be their own choice. This war is to protect those important to me, even if I have to fall...it is not for me to go on an endless lethal path. It would only be an option of slaughter if it comes down to it"

            "You have chosen to fall and sacrifice it all together"

            "No, father, I chose to protect those I love, something that you chose not to do for Lilith"

            "Alicea!" The female in question's throat felt tightened as her eyes shut tight—upon opening it again, she was met with a few worried faces hovering over her figure. However, before reforming her new reality, her body moved on its own and her arms found it being wrapped around the closest person near her—who so happened to have been none other than Lucifer.

In a normal situation—Lucifer would have probably reacted with remaining stiff, but it was the opposite of it. Alicea who was shaking was found in a warm embrace that just felt so familiar to her.

Alicea took a moment to take in feeling before a weakened smiled formed onto her lips. The memories were still not fully there, but she knew who she was and she knew that the man before her was her beloved.

            "I made you wait for far too long, my darling" Alicea spoke lovingly and it left Lucifer weakened to his own arrogance. For once, the Avatar of Pride had let go and allowed himself to shed all the tears that he had kept hidden for thousands of years.