The Fire Queen Arrives

Across the sea from Arendelle was the Kingdom of Rizucia. An island nation, its varied landscapes played host to all manner of wildlife and people. Dominating the capital was a huge castle, the seat of the king. On one perfectly normal afternoon, a fire broke out. Flames began to consume the castle as everyone inside ran for their lives. The nearby town emptied as people rushed to get buckets of water to battle the raging inferno. While they were away, the abandoned buildings in the town started exploding, one by one. Before long, the whole town was on fire. It was a state of absolute pandemonium.

At the docks, a man was scampering around the deck of a small sailboat, preparing to leave the blazing kingdom behind. A young woman walked up to the boat, clambered on board and burned the moorings. She confronted the man, and they sailed away from Rizucia on the boat together.

Two days later the boat was caught in a storm. The young woman knelt at the side of the boat, obviously feeling quite queasy, but not at all bothered by the rain that was lashing down. A flash of lightning illuminated the coast of Northuldra. The woman saw the trees in the distance and smiled. She forgot her queasiness, and made the man sail the boat in their direction.

She arrived at the shore with a sinister smirk on her face. As she got off the boat, the storm relented and the sun began to rise. Without the young woman on board, the boat turned around and sailed back out to sea. The woman had green eyes, plaited blond hair with red streaks in it, and she wore nothing but red shoes and a short, bright scarlet dress.

As she walked along the beach, she began to dry. With each step she took, flames shot from her heels. She stopped and held out her hand, before laughing with glee as she shot a fireball out of her palm and into the air.

She had the forests of Northuldra in her sights. By the time she reached them the sun was shining brightly. She immersed herself amongst the trees. The bright summer sun shone through the canopy, leaving beautifully crisp shadows on the ground. Birds sang, rabbits hopped around the forest floor, and squirrels mischievously jumped from branch to branch.

The young woman looked around, taking in her surroundings. Then she placed her hands on a tree, and flames came from them. The fire crept up the tree, causing all the animals on it to scamper away. Soon, the tree was totally engulfed. The young woman looked up, delighted as the fire consumed the entire tree. She shot a jet of flame out of the palm of her hand onto the neighbouring tree, and it too was quickly ablaze. The young woman laughed, and flames appeared in her eyes. She turned herself into a fireball and darted from tree to tree, setting them all on fire. She stood in the middle of the conflagration as branches came crashing down around her. Thick black smoke emanated from the burning trees, and soon the sky became black as night. The more the forest burned, the more the young woman laughed. The flames behind her eyes grew brighter, and fire shot from the red strands in her hair. She laughed to herself even more, and launched plumes of flame from her hands into the air in celebration.

The fire she was surrounded by made her feel more and more powerful. She had found her new kingdom.