Trapped

Someone in the crowd at the docks of Rizucia had recognised Joanna as the girl who burned the kingdom. The crowd was moving towards her. The soldiers moved around the royal families and held up their lances. Without hesitation, Elsa cast a thick wall of ice between themselves and the crowd. It was at least nine feet high.

The soldiers guarding the king and queen stood aghast. One of them tapped the ice with his finger, convincing himself that it was real. The crowd were stunned by Elsa's magic. They'd never seen anything like it before. Some ran. Others weren't put off, and they started to chip away at the ice with whatever they could find.

"What sorcery is this?" the king asked. "So, Elsa can remove curses and conjure ice from nowhere? Incredible!" he enthused.

Anna knew there was no time to marvel. "Now what do we do?" she asked Elsa.

"I'll talk to them," the king declared. "Afterall, they are my people, I will explain and they will understand."

Elsa made an ice staircase so that the king could reach the top of the ice. He climbed up the stairs and looked out over the crowd. They gasped.

"It's the king!" someone shouted.

"Sire! You're in danger!" someone else called.

"Get them out of there!" came another call.

The crowd chiselled away at the ice with increased urgency. The king tried to calm them down.

"My friends, please! Everything is fine," he tried to reassure them. "Please leave us be!"

"We have to free you sire!" someone cried out.

"Please, we are fine," the king continued. "The girl...she is not..."

The king trailed off as he couldn't find the words to say. The crowd grew noisier and more agitated as they tried to free their king from the ice. He went back down the steps. Joanna looked at him with fear in her eyes.

"I'm sorry," the king said with his head bowed. "I couldn't think of what to say to them. I couldn't tell them about Joanna. They don't even know we have a child!"

Elsa quickly turned to Anna. "You need to talk to them," she said. "They'll respond to the Queen of Arendelle!"

Anna thought for a moment about what she was going to say. "Okay, I'm ready," she said, determined. She went up the icy stairs to address the crowd.

A chink appeared in the ice as one of the Rizucians managed to break through. Elsa flinched then used her powers to repair the hole.

"Anna!" Elsa called. "We don't have much time!"

"Give us the girl!" someone shouted. "She destroyed our kingdom! You need to get out of there and leave her to us!"

Anna appealed for calm. "Please, let me speak!"

The crowd slowly calmed down to hear what Anna had to say.

"Er, hi everyone," Anna said nervously with a little wave. "I am Queen Anna of Arendelle."

The crowd started to mutter. The fact that they were in the presence of a foreign queen shocked and surprised them.

Anna continued her speech. "Yes, the young girl with us is the one who attacked your kingdom. She attacked ours too."

The crowd became restless again. "Monster!" came a cry.

"But," Anna continued, raising her voice, "she was cursed!"

The crowd fell silent. "Cursed?" someone asked. "What do you mean?"

Anna had to think on her feet. She couldn't let them know that Joanna was really their princess.