The Secrets

While the early evening sun weighed heavy in the sky, the Water Nokk galloped majestically over the crashing waves as it carried Elsa from Arendelle to Ahtohallan. Elsa knew that Freya was way ahead of her, and that time was running out. Elsa thought about how dangerous Freya could become, and the kind of danger Freya could be in. She was fraught with worry.

"How did Freya even find out about Ahtohallan?" Elsa thought to herself. "When I was a child, only my mother talked to me about Ahtohallan. My mother...oh no! The vessel that my mother and father perished on! Their ship!" Elsa closed her eyes and gritted her teeth in anguish as she realised what must have happened.

"The map to Ahtohallan...it was still on the ship. Freya must have found it! And if she found it, there's only one thing she must have done afterwards..." Elsa concluded as she held her hand to her forehead.

"We never returned. The memories were too painful. So why does the idea of the ship burning trouble me so much?" Elsa asked herself. "But it doesn't matter now," Elsa declared as she threw her arm back down by her side and opened her eyes. "I have to stop Freya before it's too late!" Elsa insisted as she looked forwards, determined to cross the Dark Sea as quickly as she could.

Meanwhile, as Freya glided through the icy tunnels of Ahtohallan, she thought about the challenges she might face. "Okay Elsa," she mused while looking around and smirking. "What have you got in store for me? Are spikes of ice going to drop from the ceiling? A sudden blizzard, perhaps? What about a giant snow beast for me to battle?"

Freya came to a wide chasm. She could see the entrance to another tunnel on the other side. Without hesitating, she ran, jumped up and turned herself into a fireball, effortlessly flying across. "Is that all you've got?" she thought.

Once she was in the next chamber, she found her path blocked by huge pillars of ice. She shot jets of flame out of her hands to melt them, and she continued gleefully through Ahtohallan, determined to find the source of Elsa's power.

"Just think what I'll be able to do if my powers are as strong as Elsa's!" she thought to herself.

Freya soon arrived at Ahtohallan's huge central chamber. It was a deep blue, which gave the atmosphere an ethereal quality, an uneasy calmness. "This is too easy!" she thought. "Now Elsa, where is the source of your power? It must be here somewhere!" Freya walked around the enormous dome-like structure, taken aback by how gigantic it was. As she looked up to try and take everything in, she thought she could hear voices echoing through the chamber. She looked in their direction, and could see figures made out of ice and snow moving in the distance.

"These must be the memories Yelena was talking about!" Freya thought to herself as she ran towards them. She stopped and put her hand to her mouth in shock. She could see visions of her mother and father.

"I know it's cruel," the image of her father sighed, "but what else can we do?"

"We can't just lock her up in the tower!" the vision of her mother cried out. "There must be some other way!"

Freya watched as her father shook his head. She was reminded of her solitary confinement. Her excitement quickly turned to anger. She clenched her fists as she stared at her parents and scowled at them.

Next, she saw herself when she was around eight years old. Her mother sat with her.

"Look, you'll like this book!" her mother tried to enthuse. "It's all about Norse mythology. There's the god of thunder, the goddess of fire, and this handsome chap is the god of the underworld! Isn't that exciting!" she said while pointing at the pages.

Freya watched the image of herself as a child try to take an interest in the book. She let out a sigh, feeling a little sorry for her mother. At least she had tried to give her some sort of education.