The Prison

"Ah!" Freya screamed as yet another bucket of water was thrown onto her through the bars of the cast iron door of her dingy stone cell.

"Pipe down in there!" her guard commanded. "I've told you before. Keep quiet, don't try any of that fire magic business, and I won't throw water on you!"

"You'll have to let me out sooner or later!" Freya called.

"That's not my problem," the guard called back. "You just sit tight and wait to see what they do with you."

Just then, General Mattias walked in.

"Good work," he told the guard. "I can see that you're keeping her under control!"

"Thank you General Mattias!" the guard replied, still holding onto his bucket.

Freya lurched forwards and grabbed the bars of the cell door. Still dripping wet, she hauled her head as far forwards as it would go.

"General Mattias? Is that your name?" Freya asked.

Mattias tried to ignore Freya by rolling his eyes, sighing and turning to the guard. He was about to speak when Freya continued talking.

"You couldn't stop me burning Arendelle and ruining your queen's wedding though, could you?" Freya said through gritted teeth. "What's your first name, General? Incompetence?" she said as she raised her eyebrows.

Freya started to laugh at her own joke while the guard responded by grabbing another bucket of water and throwing it over her, causing her to scream again. She wiped the water from her eyes and went back to laughing.

"How dare you talk to the general like that!" the guard shouted.

Mattias placed a calm hand on the bucket and lowered it.

"I can fight my own battles, thank you," he said cooly as he gave a sideways glance to the guard. He took a step towards Freya.

"As it happens, I have some news for you," Mattias said to Freya.

Freya stopped laughing and looked up at Mattias. She was all ears.

Mattias cleared his throat. "The queen has decided that you will be dealt with tomorrow morning. Until then, you will remain here," he declared to her, keeping his rigid upright posture.

Freya lifted one hand and opened her palm. "That's it? That's all you've got to tell me?" she said to him through a sneer.

Mattias turned his back to her and gestured to the guard to follow him away from Freya's cell.

"Hey! Where are you going? Come back!" Freya yelled. She hit one of the bars with her palm in exasperation.

"Good job so far," Mattias whispered to the guard. "Don't spare the water. We don't have to hold her for much longer." With that, Mattias saluted to the guard and made his way out.

"Sir," the guard said as he saluted back. He marched back to the cell.

"Right, you heard what the general said," the guard barked at her. "You're not going anywhere tonight. Count yourself lucky. If it were up to me I'd throw away this key!" he said while holding the key up in front of her. Freya reached for it, but the guard snatched it away. "Now sit down!" he commanded as he pointed to the floor.

Freya sat down on the cold floor, folded her arms and huffed. The guard had been on duty for several hours now and she wasn't getting anywhere with him. She decided to just sit quietly.

A couple of hours later, her dinner arrived. "What's this?" she said, looking up in disgust at the guard who brought it. "Bread and cheese? You're giving a queen bread and cheese?" she snarled.