Return of the Princess

Joanna and the King and Queen of Rizucia stood at the steps of the castle while they waved away Anna, Elsa and Kristoff's carriage. For the first time, the king and queen were alone with their daughter who was no longer burdened with her fiery curse.

"Dad, what do we do now?" Joanna asked as she looked at him.

"We take things one step at a time," he sighed. "Elsa was right, we need to think carefully about how we announce you to the kingdom. When the time is right, the people will learn that they have a wonderful, charming young princess," he said as he stroked her face. Joanna smiled and looked into her father's eyes.

"But first," the king declared, "your mother and I need to go to the town square. I have an announcement to make!"

The king went to find his handler and gave him some instructions. Immediately, a makeshift platform was constructed in the town square. The townspeople gathered around it, curious at the new activity.

The king and queen waited for the royal carriage to arrive in the courtyard. As they got in, they left Joanna at the castle.

"Won't be long!" the king bellowed as the carriage pulled away.

Joanna went into the castle and looked around. Once again, she could see the damage she had caused, the walls were scorched and there were gaps where paintings should have been. This time, she did not feel the despondency that she had felt before. She found a chair, sat down and sighed, knowing that things were bad now but they would soon get better. She had her parents. Everything would follow on from that. She thought about how she could make things up to the people of Rizucia.

Meanwhile, the royal carriage made its way to the town square, escorted by a few soldiers. It arrived at the platform, and the king and queen got out, accompanied by their handler. An excited murmur went through the crowd, and everyone anticipated a speech from the king. The king and queen confidently strode onto the platform, their handler standing next to them. He cleared his throat.

"King Sigurd of Rizucia!" the handler declared. The crowd fell silent. He approached the top of the platform with the queen by his side.

"My friends, good day to you all!" the king bellowed. "I expect you're all wondering why an Arendellian ship was docked here earlier?" he asked everyone rhetorically. A slight mumble went through the crowd.

"Well, as you know, for sixteen years this country has been closed off. Why? At this moment, I cannot say," the king boomed as he looked down a little. He quickly raised his head back up again. "But, Queen Anna of Arendelle and her wonderful sister Elsa have been able to rid us of the...curse that has befallen this land."

The king paused. The crowd muttered to each other. Stig was amongst the crowd. "Cursed?" he said to himself. "I didn't know we were cursed. What does that mean?"

"However," the king continued, "thanks to Elsa of Arendelle, the country can be opened up again!" he shouted as he raised his arms and pumped his fists.

The crowd couldn't believe it. They smiled at their king and talked amongst themselves in astonishment.

"Yes, you heard me right!" the king assured the crowd. "Carpenters, set to work on building a new fleet of cargo ships! Merchants, go out and get all of your goods together! We're going to trade with the world!"

A huge cheer went up from the crowd. They couldn't wait to get to work, but the king had one more thing to say.

"As I speak, Queen Anna is heading back to Arendelle, where I'm sure she will instruct Arendelle's traders to sail to our shores," the king continued. "In a few days, you will be able to buy all manner of Arendellian goods! We are no longer closed off! Onwards Rizucia!" he shouted as he raised his fist in the air.