At Sea

The next morning, Joanna woke up after a rough night. She was still upset when she heard a knock on the door.

"Good morning Joanna!" Anna called. "May I come in?"

"Yes," Joanna replied weakly.

Anna walked in and closed the door behind her. She had one hand behind her back. Joanna sat up in bed.

"Is everything okay?" Anna asked, concerned.

"I've just...been thinking," Joanna said hesitantly, "I've hurt so many people. What am I going to do?" she asked as she raised her hands before bringing them down onto the bed.

"Let's get you home first, then everything else will follow on from that," Anna reassured her. "And anyway, this should cheer you up!"

Anna took her hand out from behind her back and presented Joanna with the brand new travelling dress. Joanna clutched her hands to her chest and smiled at Anna.

"It's here already!" she said excitedly.

"Why don't you try it on?" Anna suggested.

Joanna took the dress and raced to a screen by the wall. She quickly changed into the dress and stepped out.

"It's wonderful!" Joanna exclaimed. "And it fits perfectly!"

"My dressmaker did an excellent job!" Anna said happily. "It looks great on you, and it really brings out the colour of your eyes."

The dress was indeed simply designed, but it did the job. It was full length and an emerald green colour, just right for travelling. Joanna went to the mirror so that she could get a good look at herself. She had never had a dress made for her before, and it made her feel very special.

"Thank you Anna, I've never been treated like this!" said Joanna.

"And that's not all!" Anna declared as she held up a box of pins. "Time for you to have a new hairstyle!" Anna declared as Joanna raised her hands to her face in happiness.

Anna spent some time carefully working Joanna's hair into a rope braid updo.

"There, now you really do look like a princess!" Anna declared.

Joanna looked at herself in the mirror and beamed from ear to ear.

"Wow! I can't believe it!" she said as she turned to Anna. "Thank you so much!"

Anna smiled and laughed a little. "No problem!" she said. "Now, I'd go downstairs and get some breakfast. We'll be leaving soon."

After breakfast Joanna, Anna, Elsa and Kristoff left the castle and heard the sound of hooves clattering against cobbles. Around the corner came Sven, who was smiling with his chin up in the air. He was pulling a smart carriage, large enough for the four of them to fit in. Sat up front was Olaf, who was holding Sven's reins in his little twig hands. He'd found a coachman's outfit from somewhere, combed his twig hair back, and was putting on swanky airs.

"Your carriage awaits m'lady!" he said in a fancy voice while doffing his hat.

"Thank you Olaf!" Anna said while looking up and giggling.

"A carriage? Why do we need a carriage?" Joanna asked. "I thought the docks were a short walk away?"

"They are," replied Elsa, "but after yesterday we didn't want to take any chances. No one will see you in there."

"Oh, okay," Joanna replied softly. They all climbed into the carriage and shut the door.

"Next stop, the docks!" called Olaf as he gave Sven's reins a little tug. Sven proudly trotted off in their direction.