Arendelle Under Attack

"Fire!" shouted a man in the crowd outside the castle. All at once, the jovial atmosphere of the expectant crowd turned to panic as the people of Arendelle realised their kingdom was burning.

While everyone else rushed to attend to the fires in the town, Freya made her way into Arendelle castle itself. There, she found a handful of royal staff who were preparing for the wedding reception.

"I'm sorry young lady," a footman said to Freya, "I'm afraid you can't come in here until the wedding ceremony has concluded."

"Haven't you heard?" Freya replied, feigning panic. "The wedding is off! The town is on fire!"

"What?" the footman replied. Freya grabbed him by the lapel and beckoned him to the front door. She pointed at the plumes of smoke billowing from the town. The footman could hear the panicked calls from the people outside the castle.

"The town is ablaze!" the footman shouted. "We must go!" The rest of the staff gathered at the door, then ran out towards the town, leaving Freya in the castle on her own.

She walked to the portrait gallery and stood in front of all the wedding presents. Curious, she picked up a blue box that was wrapped in a silver bow, and held it against her ear. She rattled it, then opened it and took out a stunning diamond necklace. She stared at it in fascination for a few seconds before putting it down and opening more boxes. The opulence and beauty of each of the gifts made her jealous. She threw them to the floor then cast a circle of fire around them, leaving them all to burn.

She walked into the dining room and saw that it was laid out for the wedding reception. Hundreds of plates were lined up, full of delicately prepared canapes. A five-tier wedding cake stood proudly in the middle of the room. Freya picked up a canape, sniffed it, then ate it. She opened her eyes wide as she savoured the taste. She nodded to herself in satisfaction, then tried a few more. "These are too good!" she thought to herself. "Too good for anyone else!" she decided as she sent jets of flame over the tables, burning all the food to a crisp.

While the rest of the room was on fire, Freya walked over to the wedding cake. She had to look upwards to see the top of it given how tall it was, and she saw little figures of Anna and Kristoff, crafted out of marzipan. She clambered up onto the table and picked up the bride and groom.

"Aren't you two cute!" she said to herself. "You don't know how lucky you are to have each other," she said as she shook her head.

After placing the figures to one side, Freya stuck a finger in the cake and had a taste of it. "Mmm, delicious!" she thought to herself. "Such a shame to let it go to waste. Oh well!" With that, she cast her fire over the table, ruining the cake.

Freya made her way through the rest of the castle. The ballroom, the kitchen, the library, nothing was safe from her flames. She went up the grand staircase, and started throwing fireballs into the bedrooms. The fireballs exploded, shattering the windows and sending debris flying out through the doors. She stopped when she came across two paintings.

The first showed the Arendellian royal family when Elsa was around seven years old. It depicted Elsa and Anna's parents, King Agnarr and Queen Iduna together. Anna and Elsa stood at their feet. It made Freya pause for a second. She stared at it intently. She'd never seen family unity like it. The scene brought a tear to her eye.

Then she looked at the second painting, and it was much more familiar to her. She recognised Anna and Elsa, as well as Kristoff and Sven, who she'd seen at the altar. As she took in the love and affection shown in the painting she breathed deeply, her bottom lip wobbled, and tears rolled down her cheeks. She looked down at her hands, and saw that her fingers were taught and that fires were building up in her palms. She gritted her teeth, stared at the paintings, then lifted her hands above her head and screamed. As she threw her arms forwards, tremendous jets of flame shot from her hands, annihilating the paintings. She overbalanced and fell forwards onto her knees, then propped herself up with her arms in exhaustion. She closed her eyes as her tears dropped onto the floor. As the flames built up around her, she curled up into a ball and sobbed. She then looked up, and saw the fires consuming the castle. After shooting to her feet she dried her tears, then ran back down the stairs.