A New Country

It was a sunny day in Rizucia, and Anna's grand ship arrived to the sounds of seagulls and the waters gently lapping against the docks. The docks themselves were almost deserted, save for a few fishing vessels and a couple of small sailboats. To the crew's surprise, they managed to dock without incident. Then, a couple of Rizucian soldiers went up to the ship, armed with lances.

Anna and Kristoff were the first to disembark. The soldiers spoke cordially, yet firmly.

"I'm sorry," said one of the soldiers, "you have had a wasted journey. Rizucia is closed to foreign shipping. You must disembark immediately. Goodbye."

Kristoff cleared his throat. "Presenting Queen Anna of Arendelle!" he declared snootily while gesturing towards Anna. Anna smiled at the soldiers slightly awkwardly.

The soldiers looked wide-eyed in shock. "Y...Your Majesty!" one of them stuttered. "Oh my, the Queen of Arendelle! Rizucia hasn't been visited by foreign royalty since..."

As the soldier stood counting the years, Anna interrupted him and put on her official tone.

"Could you please inform your king that Queen Anna of Arendelle requests an audience with him? We have a very special guest on board," Anna told him.

The soldier thought for a second. "I will do what I can. In the meantime Your
Majesty, I'm afraid you must stay here. Please, do not leave your ship," he commanded.

Anna and Kristoff returned to the ship and told the others what was going on. The soldier went to tell his superior, who told his superior, and soon Anna's message reached the King of Rizucia.

Word got out in the town that a grand Arendellian ship was at the docks. The people of Rizucia were naturally curious about this strange development, and soon a crowd of a few hundred were milling around the docks. A small force of soldiers arrived at the ship, trying to move people on.

A man tending to his small sailboat heard the commotion, and put down the rigging he
was working on before making his way to Anna's ship. He bumped into a friend.

"Hi Stig," his friend said. "You're always at sea, any idea what's going on?"

"It's been such a long time," Stig replied while stroking his chin, "but I'm sure I recognise the flag on that ship. Purple and green with a gold crocus, I think that's...Arendelle?"

"Arendelle?" his friend exclaimed. "Why would an Arendellian ship sail here after all these years? Do you think it might have anything to do with the girl who hijacked your ship?"

"Maybe," Stig mused. "She forced me to sail east because I told her that Arendelle was the closest kingdom within sailing distance." He shrugged his shoulders. "Well, whatever it is, it must be important for the Arendellians to risk coming here!"

After a short while, a large horse drawn carriage made its way towards the docks, flanked by soldiers armed with lances who made sure that the crowd got out of its way. As the carriage drew up to the ship, the soldiers struggled to keep the onlookers away.

"The royal carriage?" Stig exclaimed to his friend. "Well, now I really am intrigued!"

The King and Queen of Rizucia emerged from the carriage with their handler, and they quickly boarded Anna's ship, doing their best to keep away from the crowds. Kristoff was waiting for them.

"My apologies," the handler said to him, "but I think it would be best if we conducted the formal pleasantries here."

"Sure thing!" Kristoff said as he nodded before he went to fetch Anna.

The King and Queen of Rizucia dusted themselves down, and tried to make themselves as presentable as possible. They were both in their early fifties, and their clothes suggested that they left the castle in a hurry. The king had a well groomed, thick black beard, was quite tall and of medium build, and he wore a gold chain round his neck. The queen had blond hair and wore a dark brown dress, almost as if she was in mourning. They looked at each other nervously as they awaited the appearance of the Queen of Arendelle.